• 50(current)
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
(2013-04-26, 06:36)BlissSol Wrote: Hi,
I've been using ther NYXBoard remote for about 3 months ~ and its brilliant.. i luv it.
The only real problem (and i think its a big problem) - is Battery life!! On average, i find the batteries last for about 5 weeks, before they're flat!
~ So it has terrible battery life.

Mine lasts for months on end. So something wrong with your remote. Maybe faulty and I use it almost daily daily to watch a show or 2. Its been at least 5 months since I have changed batteries and its still going..
been using mine constantly for 9 months and changed batteries once - super little remote - @tennisbgc I have no issues with the volume controls or mute or for that matter anything - are you using the correct keyboard xml
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Question 
leepenny ~ would the keyboard.xml file make any difference on the battery life?
but anyway ~ im just using the default keyboard.xml file of Frodo 12.1... is there a 'better' one i should be using?

And i have a friend who i built a Media Centre for, who also has the same remote - with the same battery issues.

I guess the only other question is ~ have their been different revision's of this remote (with slightly different firmware)?
I got these remotes when Pulse Eight first ever launched them on the market... so if they've been revised since the first batch, that may be my issue?
last part if you read my post in its entirety is for another user ! (tennisbgc)
I use a modified keyboard xml that ive had for a while - nothing special
@BlissSol - have you had any joy on the nxyboard forums or sent them an e-mail ?
I recieved my remote last year after needing a compact keyboard (used ps3 remote b4) and as I said havent noticed any draining of the battery - my remote is used approx 15 hrs a day EVERY day - so it must be the remote dont you think ? TBH You may get more technical answers from the nyxboard forum.
http://forums.pulse-eight.com/
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2011-10-16, 10:35)Malard Wrote:
redvenomweb Wrote:Just got my Nyxboard (along with a fresh install of 10.1) and it seems to be working quite well. I noticed that for IR controls, it doesn't work very well if I point the remote directly at the device; I have to point the top leading edge of the remote at the device (so it looks like I'm aiming below the target) and it works flawlessly.

The keymap.nyxboard.xml posted earlier in this thread (at http://pastebin.com/t1KFBKBr ) solved all of my initial problems. However, the one thing that's missing for me is that the Nyxboard power button won't automatically shutdown XBMC. (With my old mediacenter remote, the power button shuts down XBMC without a hitch.)

After doing some research, it looks like the keymap shutdown command is XBMC.ShutDown() but I can't find the Nyxboard power button in the keymap. I tried <power> and that didn't work. What does the power button on the remote correspond to?

It's not mappable, you would need to bind another key to bring up the shutdown menu/close XBMC, the Power button is hard coded to VK_SLEEP which the operating system consumes
Not to gravedig (and maybe this is already known) but I found out that the above response was inaccurate.

For any Nyxboard owners that want to have the power button send Shutdown command, add the following line (at least, for Dharma):

<key id="61599">XBMC.ShutDown()</key>

In reading another thread, someone mentioned that you can enable debugging and check xbmc.log for key IDs. At that point, demystifying key mapping becomes simple.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard1