HDMI Sound Crash with MKV
Hi there,

First of all, sorry for my english. I hope you guys can understand my problem. I just installed Ubuntu Lucid and XBMC in my new Zotac ZBOX with Ion2. It's being a very hard fight to get all working great.

I have installed the last version of NVidia Drivers for ION cards (256.53) and finally I get sound over HDMI working with Alsa Drivers 1.0.23. Everything is working perfect now, but I have two problems:

1. The important one: the audio crash in XBMC with matroska files. I have tested many differents videos and audio files (mp3, divx....). All of them sound great except MKV files. When I play a MKV video in XBMC, you can hear a very weird and disturbing sound that looks like white noise. The strange thing is that it sounds pretty well with others Video Players like VLC or Totem. I have configured the audio system hardware in HDMI Nvidia audio output and the same for passthrough.

2. I can't change HDMI audio config with any sound config application. It seems like they only can manage the HDA Intel sound and not the HDMI one

Thanks a lot in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Sound Crash with MKV0