• 6(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
Pm Sent! I'm so excited for this app! All the screen shots so far look amazing!
Wow! love it so far but have not done any testing yet. One thing I noticed right off the bat though is that it would be nice to support more than just banners for TV shows as right now I currently use landscape shots in the Night skin, support for at least posters would be great!

Maybe I am missing something in the settings?
@ brownstein :
I had integrated support for "external banners" but took it out for now because it was to buggy.
The idea is a switch in the settings, which causes the app to scrape thetvdb for banners based on the show id. Unfortunately this id can't be queried with the new JSON API (for now), which results in an additional http request against the old http api for each tvshow.

But i think i'll give it another shot - or at least try to support posters.
PM sent Smile
The +

-great stabilty so far the most stable app I tested
-caching the pictures works very well is lot faster then other apps

The -
-how does it sort movies my James Bond movies are scattered all over, despite the fact all start with James Bond.. would be pretty hard to find anything in a real BIG collection
-looses connection quite often
-missed the possibility to switch between different subtitle or audiolanguages (or didnt find it)

Matter of taste
dont like the overall design that much, a simple black background instead of bookshelf , a full page for a Series or movie could show more info.

Greeitings Omni
GaiusOmnibus Wrote:The +

-great stabilty so far the most stable app I tested
-caching the pictures works very well is lot faster then other apps

The -
-how does it sort movies my James Bond movies are scattered all over, despite the fact all start with James Bond.. would be pretty hard to find anything in a real BIG collection
-looses connection quite often
-missed the possibility to switch between different subtitle or audiolanguages (or didnt find it)

Matter of taste
dont like the overall design that much, a simple black background instead of bookshelf , a full page for a Series or movie could show more info.

Greeitings Omni

it defaults to sort movies by year, just change it to sort by name in options.

I have not noticed any disconnects yet, but will keep monitoring.
Note to myself:
remember sort order for next startup
@ GaiusOmnibus:

subtitles / audiolanguage
i don't switch these often, and if i do i'm using the osd.
I plan to add the ability to add custom buttons to the 2nd remote screen, this would be a perfect candidate for that :-)

connection losses
There is a background thread running that checks the connection every 5s.
If the connection times out after more than 5s it could happen that more one popup appears because a second check has been scheduled in the meantime. I did implement an additional check to circumvent this. Anyway, please tell me more details if this problem persists.

I may start developing an alternate flat / table layout, allready got some ideas in mind...
so much to do, so little time... Laugh
small bug: Sometimes some of the tv banners end up left justified on the screen but if I scroll down and then back up they end up centred again.
Ya, this is MILES above any other app I've used so far. It is definitely the most stable and most feature rich one. I like the watched and new overlays. Had a few crashes, usually when poster is "flipping" around to show movie/episode description, and I will send logs once I sync.

bug: when on remote "commands" screen, and then configure button is pressed, even if nothing is changed, the commands screen changes to gesture, even though commands is still highlighted up top, you have to select gesture then commands to get it back.

bug:? views aren't remembered. I sort movies by name, I select and while in the app it remembers to sort by year, but exit and go back in and it forgets, defaults back to year.

bug: also noticed the banners on the left, but only when in landscape mode.

feature request: view/edit queue.

feature request: album view in music

minor feature request: bluray / DVD graphics on side of movie poster instead of just clear

Keep up good work!
PM sent, thanks!
HTPC - Zotac IONITX-A, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD - Ubuntu 9.04 - XBMC - Transparency! skin

My blog... | CNC | XBMC | Holography
Cheeshead Wrote:bug: when on remote "commands" screen, and then configure button is pressed, even if nothing is changed, the commands screen changes to gesture, even though commands is still highlighted up top, you have to select gesture then commands to get it back.
Damn i didn't think about that.
Easy fix, will update tomorrow.

Quote:bug:? views aren't remembered. I sort movies by name, I select and while in the app it remembers to sort by year, but exit and go back in and it forgets, defaults back to year.
Yeah you could call that a bug.
Was on my todo list, but i completely forgot to add this feature...

Quote:bug: also noticed the banners on the left, but only when in landscape mode.
I'm able to reproduce this, should be easy to fix.

Quote:feature request: view/edit queue.
Is planned.

Quote:feature request: album view in music
To get you right: Only albums, sorted by name / artist (and year maybe)?
shouldn't be too hard to do, i'll give it a shot.

Quote:minor feature request: bluray / DVD graphics on side of movie poster instead of just clear
Finally something thats not that easy: Quality information is stored in the .nfo files only, not in the database.
I'm trying to avoid accessing any files directly ("directly" as in "via http api tricks") to keep maximum compatibility.

@all potential beta testers waiting for replies to their pm:
I will get to you tomorrow, i'm not at my development system right now.
And i'll fix some bugs first Cool
It seems that fast switching a couple of times between TV shows and Movies (while loading banners atleast) causes the app to re-add all the movies into the app multiple times, so now I got about 9 times the same movie...

I guess it's good for stress testing the app tho Tongue should have 500 movie posters thanks to this bug Smile

Also going to send some crash reports when possible.

Update: After clearing cache, I cannot seem to be able to reproduce this bug.
The only things I've noticed so far are:
The Order not remembering, not a big deal.

I use posters not banners and instead of showing the poster it forces part of the poster into a banner. I use the Aeon skin so I use posters but I'll try a different skin and rescan for banners.
grywnn Wrote:To get you right: Only albums, sorted by name / artist (and year maybe)?
shouldn't be too hard to do, i'll give it a shot.

Ya...that'd be perfect!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13