• 97(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for 2.2.1, I finally got it a few days ago and it not only fixed my issue with FTR TV icons not showing up but it is a heck of a lot faster to connect on start or resume. The latter has made a huge difference in the usability of the app.

Whatever you guys are doing please keep doing it Smile
Hi
Thank you for this great app.
I´m unable to start a picture slideshow, everytime i hit "play" nothing happens and after a few seconds xbmc-commander disconnects Sad
Playing/controlling a picture slideshow with my other remotes works flawless.
I´m using OpenELEC-PVR 2.0 Beta 3 1.95.3 ION x86_64 & i386

Thank you
(2012-05-02, 11:44)grywnn Wrote: @dutchflea:
The party mode button on the iPhone was dropped in favor of the edit button, which IMO is more important to have.
With the latest version (finally) featuring editable menu items on the remote control, you can add your own party button:
Use the generic http command, and enter:
Code:
http://a.b.c.d:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(PlayerControl(Partymode(music)))
...replace a.b.c.d with your XBMCs IP and 8080 with the correct port.
This will use XBMCs old http api, which will be dropped in one of the next XBMC versions - but should work for now.

Great! Had been trying this using the latest version, had the command figured out except for the essential "ExecBuiltIn" part. Works like a charm now, thanks.
hey,
first off, great app. i have iPad version and it looks SWEEEETT!! dont really use my remote anymore since I got this app !

My problem : track sorting order on compilation albums (where artist = "Various Artists" seemed to be screwy. On most albums, the track listing order is fine (1, 2, 3, 4, etc etc), however on albums with Various Artists, the sort order goes haywire (3, 1, 14, 27 etc etc!)

Strangely, if you queue or play the album, XBMC sorts it correctly, its just the track listing on each album is screwed

Hope this is sorted soon - the wife is moaning at me!!

forgot to mention, I'm running OpenElec 1.95.3 (Eden) on ASRock Ion330HT
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

@ixian:
Sounds like you're talking about constellation...

@Kaio85:
Do you have any other files in the directories your starting the slideshow in?
Because i mainly tell XBMC to playback a certain directories content, and let it figure out by itself that i probably want a slideshow.
So, just guessing here, never tried it: Maybe if theres a video file in the directory amongst the images, XBMC get confused...
Mainly the fact that the app disconnects is telling me that XBMC is doing something that is blocking its internal webserver (which can easily happen if a request takes a long time)

@dutchflea:
The button will be back in the upcoming release (currently in the final testing phase).
I chose to drop the playback controls in favor of the party & clear buttons in the playlist view.

@smithr99:
will be fixed in the upcoming release.
(2012-05-15, 11:04)grywnn Wrote: @Kaio85:
Do you have any other files in the directories your starting the slideshow in?
Because i mainly tell XBMC to playback a certain directories content, and let it figure out by itself that i probably want a slideshow.
So, just guessing here, never tried it: Maybe if theres a video file in the directory amongst the images, XBMC get confused...
Mainly the fact that the app disconnects is telling me that XBMC is doing something that is blocking its internal webserver (which can easily happen if a request takes a long time)

Hi.
I there are only .jpg and if i try to play a slideshow via plugins like picasa or flickr i am unable to start a slideshow, too. (there are no disconnects)
Xbmc-commander just doesn´t want to start a slideshow Sad
Is it possible to have Youtube playlists within this app?

You seem to be able to create video (tv shows and movies) and music playlists on the fly but Youtube doesn't want to do it.

Constellation is able to do this but doesn't show the clips details and thumbnail in the playlist view.

It would be great to be able to get this going somehow for when we're sitting around having a few drinks Smile
@Kaio85:
Plugins? ...through the app? Sounds like you're still using Dharma, right? I ust admit, i'm doing all my testing on Eden atm.

@nugget:
yep there's a bug concerning youtube clips and playlists in the curretn version. This will be fixed in the upcoming 2.8 (currently waiting for revision by apple!)
Alas, the problem with the thumbnails and titles not showing up in the playlist is something that XBMC Commander experiences too. Point is, when i query XBMC for the currently playing item, i get them, but when i ask for the playlist, i don't (or at least not always). So this is actually no bug in constellation, but in XBMC, and something that my app suffers too.
(2012-05-18, 09:44)grywnn Wrote: @Kaio85:
Plugins? ...through the app? Sounds like you're still using Dharma, right? I ust admit, i'm doing all my testing on Eden atm.

Hi

i´m on OpenELEC_PVR-Generic.i386-1.95.3 with Asrock Vision 3D 252B & OpenELEC_PVR-ION.x86_64-1.95.3 with Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 .
Sad
Yeah i remember now, could have looked one page back Smile
I can't for the heck find out which version of XBMC is included in OpenELEC.
Could you please have a look in the system info (highlight system/settings and press "i") and tell me which version is shown there?
It's 11.0 GIT:A76F5D4
I've been using this app for a while and I love it!! One thing that I would like to ask though. Is it possible or maybe could it be in a future version to alter the settings so that the directions of swipe gestures (up down left right) are reversed? Then when browsing the library on the tv it would have the same feel of scrolling the screen that you get when using the ipad normally rather than a right swipe moving to the next movie on the right. Hope this makes sense and that some other folks think this could be good ??
@Kaio:
Well that should work... no idea atm... Could you send me a xbmc log file in debug mode where you try to open a picture slideshow? Thats to [email protected]

@jj0076:
This has been asked before (and i even got downrated once in iTunes for not providing it Smile )
I did consider it, but imho it won't work out: While reversed swipe directions would feel quite natural in XBMCs main menu, it would be completely counter intuitive in all places where you move the selection, like context menus, lists or the osd. Think about it. You would swipe left and the only visible reaction would be the selection moving right.
(2012-05-18, 21:35)grywnn Wrote: @Kaio:
Well that should work... no idea atm... Could you send me a xbmc log file in debug mode where you try to open a picture slideshow? Thats to [email protected]

Hi.
Ok... done Smile
Hi,

Loving this app and the way it has developed. :-)

I only use the iPhone version, not the iPad version. Two feature ideas for the Music views on the iPhone version, if I may:

1. The enqueue album feature works brilliantly, but we can only access this button for an album when we're in landscape mode. Is there a way you can work this in to the portrait mode, too? It can be a bit irritating to have to rotate the phone just to access this button.

2. The music list mode is great, but would it be possible to have a setting to remove those bright green stars from the list view?

Thanks again for a fantasic app!

• 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13