• 94(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
I get flooded with requests lately, and i must admit i tend to forget the one or the other, which happened to me wanting to check the VA issue.
I did have a look at the enqueue option though, and it turns out it isn't as easy as i thought.
Not the enqueueing part, but locating the item in the playlist afterwards and jumping to it.
So i pushed this down my list in favor of some urgent bugfixes, and some easy to do improvements that have been waiting for quite some time now.
I've got a quick question for the group. I just installed Spotimc (Spotify plugin) on an XBMCbuntu box and every time I use Commander with the app, tracks play for about 7 -10 seconds and then skip to the next track. If I quit out of Commander, everything runs smooth.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Update: I think it might have something to do with Commander trying to get the track/playlist information.
Hi grywnn,

Another feature request for you, not sure if someone has already requested for it, or if its possible or not:

Basically, every time a new show or movie is added, within the movies tab or the tv show tab, that particular show/movie has a 'new' icon on it. Is it possible to have a new icon on the movies tab or tv shows tab itself? So that if there is a new tv show that has been added in my library, I can directly get notified by looking at the main screen, rather than going every now and then to the tv shows section and checking out all tv shows to see if anything is new added.

Thanks!
My remote swipe stopped working. Everything else still works fine. Any ideas?
@disolo:
I had another user with the same problem, for him it turned out to be another remote interfering with Commander.
I'd suspect the cause of the problem to be somewhere on XBMCs side, since all queries i do are only information retrieving and shouldn't generate any actions.
Is there anything suspicious in a debug xbmc.log?

@mukati;
Never thought about it, love the idea, will give it a try Smile

@emptyhead:
I'm basically sending keyboard commands on swipes - did you change something in your keyboard.xml file?
(2012-04-08, 10:52)grywnn Wrote: @mukati;
Never thought about it, love the idea, will give it a try Smile

Excellent! Smile hope you succeed!
Hi there

Theres still a bug with the movie download cache it still not working and locks the iPad up I have tried all sorts to get it to work but it's not having it.

I also got your latest version

Also I was wondering if you could add an option so when you use the touch board if you have your finger in the middle and move to the left or right a little the scroll on the screen is slow and then you move it more it gets a littile faster and when you move it back it gets slower. I think that would be a great feature But would also be good if you had an option to turn it on or off just in case others don't like that.

It's just when I scroll I have to keep talking my finger off and stoping and starting again as its hard to judge

Cheers
(2012-04-04, 08:37)grywnn Wrote: I get flooded with requests lately, and i must admit i tend to forget the one or the other, which happened to me wanting to check the VA issue.
I did have a look at the enqueue option though, and it turns out it isn't as easy as i thought.
Not the enqueueing part, but locating the item in the playlist afterwards and jumping to it.
So i pushed this down my list in favor of some urgent bugfixes, and some easy to do improvements that have been waiting for quite some time now.

Hmmm, you already have a queue option, when I click on a song I have the choice between play or enqueue, I was just looking to disable or change "play" to function as enqueue, similar to the toggle XBMC has.
@meridius:
I haven't been able to track the caching bug down yet.
Could you send me some crash logs (info(at)xbmc-commander.com)?
http://bjango.com/help/crashlog/

I've been pretty busy with coding over easter, heres what the next version will feature:

- i've rewritten the thumbnail / image loading handling. Scrolling performance will be improved A LOT.
- finally menu editing will be available on iPhones / iPods.
- i've fixed the bug that caused f-keys to stop working with Eden.
- menu buttons on the remote control will show a visual feedback.
- i've added SCROLLBARS to all lists.
- the tab bar will now show badges for items that have been added since the last time the app started (thanks mukati for the idea).
- you will be able to enter a 2nd MAC address for WOL to wake up a server together with XBMC.
- file mode will now pop up a link to the troubleshooting page if a password protected network share is encountered (thanks to a 1-star rating in the german iTunes store. Reason: "empty folders in file tabs". Love those bullocks that don't even click on the support link in iTunes).

I didn't forget the other requests, but need to have these off my list first.
(2012-04-10, 21:50)grywnn Wrote: @meridius:

I've been pretty busy with coding over easter, heres what the next version will feature:

- i've rewritten the thumbnail / image loading handling. Scrolling performance will be improved A LOT.
- the tab bar will now show badges for items that have been added since the last time the app started (thanks mukati for the idea).
- you will be able to enter a 2nd MAC address for WOL to wake up a server together with XBMC.
- file mode will now pop up a link to the troubleshooting page if a password protected network share is encountered (thanks to a 1-star rating in the german iTunes store. Reason: "empty folders in file tabs". Love those bullocks that don't even click on the support link in iTunes).

Thank You!!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Anybody ever seen duplicates of all albums in their music library?
(2012-04-10, 21:50)grywnn Wrote: @meridius:

WOW.. that was super quick.. thanks!!!!

When can we expect to see the update??
It's currently in testing - add a few days for bug fixes, then up to a week for apple to accept it and you're at roundabout 10 days - two weeks.
I have a pioneer VSX-1021k AV reciever that accepts commands via telnet. I am wondering if there is any way for XBMC to interface just for a simple command like mute? I see on the Commander menu I can make a custom command for "Generic HTTP" but im not sure if there is any way to get that to work the same way telnet does.

for example I can use putty to connect to port 23 on the AV reciever and type "PO" <enter> and it turns the reciever on.

Any ideas on if it is possible to send this sort of command from Commander?
(2012-04-10, 21:50)grywnn Wrote: - menu buttons on the remote control will show a visual feedback.

Hey grywnn,

In relation to the visual feedback on the remote screen (a welcomed edition), would it be possible to define add an option to define the "Type" of button you want, for example:

1. Simple
- Button with visual feedback that fires as soon as you click it

2a. Hold to Activate
- Button with visual feedback, but only fires if you hold the button down for 3 seconds or more (maybe with some visual or something to indicate when the event is about to fire)

2b. Confirm Click
- If 2a is not possible, maybe have a configurable option available, per button, to pop up a confirmation for the user to confirm the action of the button.

The reason I ask for this request is if I have a "Reboot" or "Shutdown" button on the remote screen, I don't want to accidentally press it...and the "hold to activate" would prevent this from happening I think.

Take Care
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13