• 2(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
I'm highly interested, too
Just updated the first post.
New video online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTNzp2zb4AY
Still a long way to beta status.
Any suggestions welcome :-)
grywnn Wrote:Just updated the first post.
New video online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTNzp2zb4AY
Still a long way to beta status.
Any suggestions welcome :-)

it looks very good !
Do you know if it would be possible while holding the finger and sliding you can see the alphabet, so for example i wanna slide to the letter D I can just hold my finger on the screen then slide side way until I get the letter D.
it could be a transparent bars that pop up with some letters displayed when you press and hold the movie poster area ?

Do you pull the movie info regardless how the movie was scraped ? via xbmc or third party nfo manager ?
jeromem75 Wrote:Do you know if it would be possible while holding the finger and sliding you can see the alphabet, so for example i wanna slide to the letter D I can just hold my finger on the screen then slide side way until I get the letter D.
it could be a transparent bars that pop up with some letters displayed when you press and hold the movie poster area ?
I'll give it a thought, but it might prove extremely difficult.

Quote:Do you pull the movie info regardless how the movie was scraped ? via xbmc or third party nfo manager ?
I get all movie metadata from XBMC. No need to reinvent the wheel Wink
grywnn Wrote:I'll give it a thought, but it might prove extremely difficult.

I get all movie metadata from XBMC. No need to reinvent the wheel Wink

Hi, I am using ember media manager that would create nfo and thumbnail, posters, I do not use XBMC scrapers add on.
Does XBMC commander detect those. Ultimote doesn't detect those and only use the database scraped by xbmc itself.
@grywnn

Hi,

first i would like to say that your XBMC Commander looks fantastic. No cripple ware like the 'XBMC Remote HD' or the 'HD Remote. I bought both and none of them looks like yours or have the features like the commander. Actually i'm using the first 'XBMC Remote' for iPhone on my iPad. So please go on and i would buy it. Nod

But let me make two suggestions.

The Cover Flow looks nice. But please make it possible to display the covers in flat mode too and not only in '3D' mode. Also a list view would be nice, like the original XBMC Remote has. Rolleyes

And at last - the translation of your app in foreign languages. I would offer my help for the german one, as i have done for alaska and alaska revisited. Wink

Can't wait to test the beta.

Efty
efty.edge Wrote:@grywnn

first i would like to say that your XBMC Commander looks fantastic. No cripple ware like the 'XBMC Remote HD' or the 'HD Remote. I bought both and none of them looks like yours or have the features like the commander. Actually i'm using the first 'XBMC Remote' for iPhone on my iPad. So please go on and i would buy it. Nod

I'll second that. I have also bought/tried 'XBMC Remote HD' & the 'HD Remote' and neither are worth the money IMO.

I would gladly give this a try !!
Awesome! Absolutely can't wait.

The current options for the iPad are a complete joke.
Looks great! I cannot wait to try it and can beta test on my ipad 3g if you need any more help!
@efty:

the first "release" will be coverflow only, but i'm already planning on an alternative list view, configureable via app preferences.
Gonna need to do something like this anyway since tv show banners look crapy in coverflow, and not everyone is using posters like me.

German translation won't be the problem, since i'm german too Wink
So far there are very few items that need to be translated, since nearly all data is pulled from XBMC.

@jeromem75:
I'm a litte confused:
Are you running XBMC in file mode instead of database mode?
Otherwise the info in XBMCs database should be the same as in your .nfo files, since XBMC prefers these files over external scrapers when updating the library.
I'm accessing the XBMC database to get thumbs / infos etc. No support for file mode planned so far.
Hi Grywnn, Ultimote would not read the database if it was built base on scraper using the NFOs and would be blank unless it was scraped by the built in scraper pulling directly from Imdb ormoviedb etc....
As long as it doesn't matter if the database is built based on NFOs or built in scrapers
I was just afraid I would be in the same situation.
I am using XBMC in database mode
Also the ability to watch trailers within the APP would be great too!
Could you add remote viewing of the content via an option when a media file is selected to be played (play on the iPad or play on the TV). Pipe dreams I know.
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

actually if the user makes use of an auto transcoding UPnP server then this would be pretty simple to implement.

Thoughts?
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

A few quick updates on the current state of this "little" project:

I've run into some serious memory problems and discovered that the open source coverflow implementation i was using didn't do well at all when handling huge numbers of thumbnails (huge meaning more than 100).
While this wasn't a problem when testing on the iPad simulator that is shipped with xcode, the real iPad constantly crashes when confronted with my XBMC library (which obviously has more than 100 items Wink).

So i made the decision to completely rewrite the interface, this time based on the look and feel of the ibook app.

Imagine rows of shelfs full of video covers, scrollable with top performance (takes me just a few seconds to scroll through my ~200 videos). Tapping on a cover will flip and magnify it, revealing the backside containing all the infos that xbmc scraped for the item plus action controls.
Similar for TV Shows and Music.
Ability to search / filter by genre remains the same.

I just began with this today, will post videos after the weekend.
Anyway i already like it a lot more than coverflow!

@angrycamel:
I'll think about streaming once i've got the basics ready Cool
If you need a good streaming app: Try Airvideo. It's AWSOME.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13