Blinking power indicator in Standby (Revo)
Hi

Like many others on here I use a Acer Revo (r3610) as my XBMC-box. I've been using it for almost nine months with a MCE-remote under Ubuntu but never cared much for power saving features, but since I recently made the switch to Windows 7 (DXVA2!) I've spent quite a bit of time configuring the remote and figured what the heck, why not use standby mode those 20+ hours a day when I'm NOT using the Revo? Might save me a few dollars a month after all.

I got it working perfectly, I can suspend and wake it with my remote with no problems. The thing that's bugging me is the power indicator on the Revo which starts blinking very annoyingly when the Revo is in standby. I've seen a few people ask for a solution for this here and there, but I haven't managed to find any good answers. Has anyone found one?

Alternatively, is it at all possible to wake the Revo from hibernation via usb with Windows 7? I've seen suggestions as to how to get it working in Linux, but nothing for Windows.
Mooorgul Wrote:The thing that's bugging me is the power indicator on the Revo which starts blinking very annoyingly when the Revo is in standby. I've seen a few people ask for a solution for this here and there, but I haven't managed to find any good answers. Has anyone found one?

Stick some black tape over the LED, works 100%. Big Grin
Poor mans modding Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I had a problem with that too on my r3600

The blue LED was so bright light was shining out of every crevice in the top of the case, and it was still visble through a bit of insulation tape.

Additionally there was a high pitched whine that came and went in cadence with the LED flashing. Not so loud it would have been instantly noticable if it was constant, but when it was going on and off and on and off ...
Drove me nuts :mad:

It was getting to the stage that I was intending to take the damn case and power button apart, and snip off the LED altogether, but as luck would have it someone else liked my XBMC setup so much they wanted one themselves, so I gave them my 3600, and bought a 3610 to replace it.

The irritating noise is their problem now :p

LED on the 3610 is just as bright, but whiter - a dab of black nail polish from the girlfriend on the LED inside the button housing took care of that though.

Best of all ... no irritating on/off whine in standby with this one !
I ended up opening up the Revo and cover the LED and the transparent piece of plastic in about five layers of black tape, so now its 100% black. Would have preferred a "cleaner" solution though, I quite like the power indicator when the computer is on since the Revo is so damn silent I now can't figure out if its on or off without starting up the TV and the receiver. :p
I purchased a gel sample pack for few bucks at b&h photo for my camera flash, and I realized that it would also be perfect to dim the light. I ended up using two layers of blue gel that only allowed 5% of light to shine through, so i guess it theoretically cut the light down to 2.5% of original. The hardest part was creating a good seal around the led, otherwise it would just shine through the usb port. I used some double sided black foam tape with a small hole in the middle for the led.

Now if only someone could find an easy way to make it pulse instead of blink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blinking power indicator in Standby (Revo)0