no hdmi output on samsung n510 with xbmc_live
hi,
i can not get xbmc live (any version) to see my tv (or monitor) connected to the hdmi out on my Samsung N510. There is only output #1 in the settings and that is the laptop screen.
By setting "DynamicTwinview" to "true" in xorg.conf on "Dharma beta2 (recovery)" i can use nvidia-settings to activate hdmi and create a xorg.conf with hdmi enabled. After starting fluxbox on the tv the mouse gets stuck in this screen but i can start xbmc and it works. Unfortunately it then does not see the laptop display in the settings. So in general xbmc only sees one display. After rebooting into the normal Dharma the hdmi output is gone again.
Is there a way to fix this?
I have this working on my ION netbook. I use Ubuntu 10.04, with XBMC installed. I use the Ubuntu tool to configure the desktop (instead of Xorg hacking, even though I like Xorg hacking) to display on the TV, then I start XBMC.

If you are using alsa and not pulseaudio it should work. The only thing that won't work is refresh rate matching- that is broken when you use Twinview (and the Ubuntu tool does).

i have your setup working too, but i want a dedicated distro like xbmc_live so i have setup grub to boot xbmc.
Starting Ubuntu or Windows, switching the displays and starting a mediaplayer works but is not the way to go. It can be done manualy in xbmc_live so how to make it automatic? In the audio hardware settings i can set the output to hdmi, so alsa seems to work but on the video settings nothing changes. The vga output shows similar behaviour like hdmi. It's not recognized.
Where do i have to look for the problem? Is it xorg, xbmc or the nvidia driver?
Hmm...you need some Xorg.conf magic. Damn, I used to have all that memorized.

On thing I think is that you don't want Twinview. It would be better if the laptop screen was just inactive.

Best way to solve this is to set it up in Ubuntu's tool (enable external monitor, disable internal monitor), then tell the tool to save to Xorg. Then copy the Xorg it makes back to a XBMC Live install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no hdmi output on samsung n510 with xbmc_live0