XBMC freezes on shutdown/quit
whenever I shutdown XBMC through the menu it freezes. If I use Alt + F4 then there is no problem. For me this is an acceptable workaround, I press Alt + F4 twice on the remote, hit enter and the pc shuts down. My girlfriend however always ends up trying to shutdown through the menu and then complains to me that the pc won't shutdown and I end up getting the keyboard and crt-alt-del to fix it, and yes, I explained the workaround many times Rolleyes
I've looked through several debug logs and they always end the same. unfortunately I can't seem to relate this to anything.
http://pastebin.com/qCfGzmmm

any help would be appreciated.
Close whatever is using the webinterface, apparently we have a deadlock there.
Fixed in r33738.
There is some delay (+/- 5 sec), but it does close or shutdown now.
So the problem is fixed, thx!
hi guys,

sorry to open a closed thread... but im having similar problems with dharma on win xp sp3

the debug log just shows xbmc stopping here and basically freezing... any ideas?

22:28:50 T:3548 M:967110656 NOTICE: stop all
22:28:50 T:3548 M:967106560 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
22:28:50 T:3548 M:967098368 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopping...
22:28:50 T:3548 M:967290880 NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
22:28:50 T:3548 M:967290880 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopped...
22:28:51 T:2204 M:967319552 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
in some cases, it helps to run XBMC with Aero turned off ("disable desktop composition" on the xbmc shortcut). Let us know if it helps.
Edit: this is of course only for Windows Vista/7. There have been several reports of hang on exit with Windows XP SP3. Look through the forum for alternative solutions.
hi voyager,

actually i have looked (okay maybe my forum searching skills really suck)

and ppl have tried pulling network cables...

a similar bug was closed in dharma RC late last yr...

some ppl suggested just using alt+f4 directly, which seems to work okay when combined with eventghost..

i didn't really see anything else in the forums, are you referring to something else?
okay... now im finding them under the windows specific section.. ha, guess i was looking in the wrong area before.

thanks for the pointers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freezes on shutdown/quit0