Don’t know how to get web radio or movie trailers
Sad 
well,
i am fairly new to xbmc and i noticed that it is supposed to have the ability to stream web radio and movie trailers from the web. anyways, i don’t know how to get these features to work. i can select them from the menu but nothing happens. i know xbmc is connected to the web because it gets the weather. anyways, what do i need to do to get these features to work?

thanks,
slice :help:

p.s. nothing is said about these features in the online manual, it might be a good thing to add to it.
set your log level to "0" in the xboxmediacenter.xml and see if anything is recorded when you try to access these features.
(senergy @ dec. 08 2004,21:19 Wrote:set your log level to "0" in the xboxmediacenter.xml and see if anything is recorded when you try to access these features.
i’ll try that to see what it says in the logs. anyways, before i do i would like to make sure that i don’t have to configure or install anything other then xbmc? are there any configurations that i have to do to make it work or is it supposed to work "right out of the box" so to speak?

slice
you need to make sure you have python lib installed.
(senergy @ dec. 10 2004,14:33 Wrote:you need to make sure you have python lib installed.
how do i verify that? and if necessary how do i install it?

slice
well,
i just confirmed that i have python installed but i was wondering what scripts to download for those features to work(aka "web radio and "movie trailers")? you know, the ones accessible through the project mayhem skin. anyways help on being able to access and configure these features would be greatly appreciated.

slice
from what i have seen - there is little help available in these forums.
there isnt little help available here, we're just fed up with answering the same questions over and over again.

try the search button!!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

there isn't really anything to configure. you need python.lib in the python folder (if you have a new build of xbmc it should be there). then all you need to do is to download the scripts here (there are other places too) and put them in the scripts folder. nothing really to configure....at least i didn't have to configre anything. most of the newer builds of xbmc have them included so you shouldn't even have to do that....but ya just never know
Quote:there isnt little help available here, we're just fed up with answering the same questions over and over again.

answers are hard to find, i have searched quite a bit on here trying to find out how to set up radio on xbmc, problem is all i get is questions and few answers - some have responses very similar to yours.

perhaps some kind of sticky for the most popular questions.
Quote:from what i have seen - there is little help available in these forums.
wtf??
i have over 400 posts just from answering and helping people. i would say if people didnt ask the same questions every f**king day then my posts would be less then 100.

everytime i see the same question i have to bite my tongue so i dont abuse them and im not even connected with xbmc. i just figure if i can take some of the slack then the real xbmc team can work on making a better app rather then waste time with unapreative, cant help themselves, cant even search or read the faq/manual people.

ofcourse there are some people who really do need some help but when you tell them to check their logs, list exatly what build of xbmc they have etc.. and they dont do it, how the hell are we supposed to help them.

here is a thought. you can only ask a question if you make a paypal donationHuh i know its not what this community is about but atleast people will learn to help themselves and in the long run will become better for it.

.......sorry for the vent.. i just needed to get it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don’t know how to get web radio or movie trailers0