• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC
To get this working on Gotham, you need to make the following modifications:

Code:
--- VimeoPlayer.old.py    2014-01-19 22:16:16.000000000 -0800
+++ VimeoPlayer.py    2014-01-19 22:08:56.000000000 -0800
@@ -63,7 +63,7 @@
             return False

listitem = self.xbmcgui.ListItem(label=video['Title'], iconImage=video['thumbnail'], thumbnailImage=video['thumbnail'], path=video['video_url'])
-        listitem.setInfo(type='Video', infoLabels=video)
+        listitem.setInfo('Video', {'infoLabels': 'video'})

self.common.log("Playing video: " + video['Title'] + " - " + get('videoid') + " - " + video['video_url'])

--- VimeoNavigation.old.py    2014-01-19 22:22:35.000000000 -0800
+++ VimeoNavigation.py    2014-01-19 22:22:25.000000000 -0800
@@ -362,7 +362,7 @@

listitem.setProperty("Video", "true")
         listitem.setProperty("IsPlayable", "true")
-        listitem.setInfo(type='Video', infoLabels=item_params)
+        listitem.setInfo('Video', {'infoLabels': 'item_params'})

self.xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=url, listitem=listitem, isFolder=False, totalItems=listSize + 1)

--- VimeoPlaylistControl.old.py    2014-01-19 22:23:22.000000000 -0800
+++ VimeoPlaylistControl.py    2014-01-19 22:23:12.000000000 -0800
@@ -80,7 +80,7 @@
             listitem = self.xbmcgui.ListItem(label=video("Title"), iconImage=video("thumbnail"), thumbnailImage=video("thumbnail"))
             listitem.setProperty('IsPlayable', 'true')
             listitem.setProperty("Video", "true" )
-            listitem.setInfo(type='Video', infoLabels=entry)
+            listitem.setInfo('Video', {'infoLabels': 'entry'})

playlist.add(video_url % (sys.argv[0], video("videoid") ), listitem)
Thanks for the fix, working great.
Vimeo doesn't work for me on Gotham beta 2.

I downloaded the XBMC Gotham source code. Where do you make those modifications to get Vimeo working? Thanks.

Why can't this fix be integrated into the Gotham master source code?
(2014-03-19, 01:14)Johnny569 Wrote: Vimeo doesn't work for me on Gotham beta 2.

I downloaded the XBMC Gotham source code. Where do you make those modifications to get Vimeo working? Thanks.

Why can't this fix be integrated into the Gotham master source code?

The modifications do not go into the Gotham source, but in the addon source.

Since Gotham is not released yet, many of the addons are not updated for it.
It seems like it has been a while since the author has posted here, and he is the one who will need to update and fix it.
Understood. Thanks.
I integrated the fixes to get the YouTube and Vimeo addon working in Gotham Beta 2. I uploaded the addons with the fixes. Just uninstall your current addons and manually re-install with the fixed addons. For the YouTube addon, it's advised to delete the cookie "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in the following folder: xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. For windows user's, you'll find the xbmc folder in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ie3ammajgrc2o/xbmc_addons

LIST OF FIXES APPLIED

YOUTUBE FIXES
  • To solve the login problems, I added the fix from this post: Reply #52. If you continue to have login problems, you may have to find a different fix.
  • To fix a problem with VEVO videos not playing, as well as certain videos added to favorites not playing, I added the YouTubePlayer.py from this post: Reply #217
VIMEO FIXES
  • To get Vimeo working in Gotham Beta 2 I added the fixes found in this post: Post #256, and added the VimeoPlayer.py found in this post: Post #240
Thanks to all that fix and post ways to resolve broken addons Big Grin
Addons keep saying unable to contact remote server and unable to play playlist, is this a known issue?
Using latest (today) XBMC version
I'm having an issue with at least one video. It is viewable via a browser, but on XBMC, it fails. It appears from the log (http://pastebin.com/1MijY8Fx) that XBMC perhaps isn't representing itself correctly? Here is the relevant line:

22:04:58 T:2843292768 NOTICE: u'{"message": "Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.", "title": "Sorry", "button": {"text": "Watch on Vimeo", "link": "http://vimeo.com/80895684"}, "view": 7}'
(2013-12-02, 00:39)pasha_ Wrote: Anyone has problem accessing paid content? I bought a film, it's in my 'watch later' folder and it plays on pc or tablet in browser but when I play it in XBMC (ATV1) it redirects to the official trailer.

I bought a film yesterday and had exactly the same problem.

It seems that I can get JSON (using http://player.vimeo.com/v2/video/%s/config) containing URLs to proper video (not a trailer) on my machine because I'm logged on Vimeo there (browser sends proper cookies to server).
Plugin don't send any cookies, so it will get URLs pointing to trailer video because Vimeo server don't know that the user was authenticated.
I've managed to modify plugin to be able to view also purchased videos (the trick was to send proper cookie to server).

Here is complete package that works with current Vimeo site and latest Gotham (thx to ruuk and jaymax for their fixes):
plugin.video.vimeo

You will need to force login to obtain the cookie (it is enough to go to plugin's settings and click OK).

All the changes can be found in my repo on GitHub (branches: fixes, gotham and cookie).
Btw I've submitted pull requests for all of them to original repo. So hopefully they will be included officially soon.
(2014-04-27, 16:25)ge0rdi Wrote: ... Btw I've submitted pull requests for all of them to original repo. So hopefully they will be included officially soon.

Any idea when this is likely to happen?
(2014-05-23, 02:58)pdops Wrote: Any idea when this is likely to happen?

I don't know. So far it seems the maintainer of the repo isn't very active Sad
Hi,
I haven't been able to run it (neither original nor ge0rdi posted) since xbmc 13...
It stops after Explore Vimeo / (any submenu) with:
NOTICE: Vimeo-3.5.2
NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?channel=staffpicks&login=false&path=%2froot%2fexplore%2fstaffpicks
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?channel=staffpicks&login=false&path=%2froot%2fexplore%2fstaffpicks) failed

Huh
Are you logged in?

It is strange, but it seems that videos in Explore Vimeo work only when I'm logged in. Otherwise I'll get error message that there are no videos.
I don't know if it is supposed to work without login (I was always logged in when worked on the plugin, because I needed to add support for payed videos).
I'll try to have a look at it, but at least it seems there is simple workaround.
No, I've never logged in, neither with xbmc 12 nor 13... Rolleyes
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC7