Tuxbox PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2?
upD8R Wrote:Maybe I miss a step-by-step description how to use your addon. What are the prerequisites and how get I your SW up and running?

Thanks!

All this is based on opdenkamp's PVR branch, which hopefully will be integrated into the next release after Eden.

Allthough opdenkamp has got some binary builds (I think he is involved in openelec, too), obviously this addon is not included in these builds yet. I hope that he will include this addon at some point, but this won't happen until at least the remaining basics (timers, recordings) have been implemented.

For now you can only download the sourcecode from git and compile xbmc for yourself. I'm not sure whether a zip-file containing the addon-binaries will work - we could try this of course. My development machine is running ubuntu 64 bit...

@Linuxmad: I just gave it another thought on using enigma1 boxes: The plugin is parsing the output from the webapi, which got references like "e2event" in it - I think the "e2" bit is a sign that this won't work for enigma1 based boxes, right?
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
webinterface of enigma1 boxes is different from E2..that is a fact.
jdembski Wrote:For now you can only download the sourcecode from git and compile xbmc for yourself. I'm not sure whether a zip-file containing the addon-binaries will work - we could try this of course. My development machine is running ubuntu 64 bit...
Thanks for the feedback. Are you using Open WebIF or the legacy one on your VU?
I wonder if I should try to compile it under Windows, I'm curious how well your plugin integrates ...
upD8R Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Are you using Open WebIF or the legacy one on your VU?
I wonder if I should try to compile it under Windows, I'm curious how well your plugin integrates ...

I did some manual tests with both interfaces - I think they will both work. I will make the port it is using customizable and try it out this evening; I'll report back then...
upD8R Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Are you using Open WebIF or the legacy one on your VU?

Just tested it - until now it does work with openwebif, too...

(Only EPG and watching TV works at this time)
Hmm, i setup the addon_vuplus branch, but i can't see any channels.
I see my recordings, but nothing else.

When i see in the log i see that xbmc tries to get the services by calling following url:

web/getservices?sRef=1%3A7%3A1%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3AFROM%20BOUQUET%20"userbouquet.favourites.tv"%20ORDER%20BY%20bouquet

this gives me indeed no results when i check manually, but when i check for

web/getservices

i get them all
betz Wrote:Hmm, i setup the addon_vuplus branch, but i can't see any channels.
I see my recordings, but nothing else.

When i see in the log i see that xbmc tries to get the services by calling following url:

web/getservices?sRef=1%3A7%3A1%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3AFROM%20BOUQUET%20"userbouquet.favourites.tv"%20ORDER%20BY%20bouquet

this gives me indeed no results when i check manually, but when i check for

web/getservices

i get them all

Are you using a Dreambox or a VuPlus?

Maybe the favourite-bouquets are special to VuPlus - Can you paste the output (or at least some parts) from getservices to pastebin or similar?

I may be able to implement a configuration option or something so that the user is able to choose the bouquets. As a last resort I would have to parse the complete output of the getallservices-command and put them into channel groups...
Ah yes, i didnt use the favourites(tv) bouquet so that was empty.
Would be better indeed to get all services and create channel groups with the bouquests it's attached to.

Thanks for sharing this!
One other thingie, my video is really strange, like the tempo is not constant.
The sound is ok, but video goes too fast for a second, then stutters for a second and so on.
betz Wrote:Ah yes, i didnt use the favourites(tv) bouquet so that was empty.
Would be better indeed to get all services and create channel groups with the bouquests it's attached to.

Thanks for sharing this!

Hi,

I have just pushed a lot of changes, one is that TV channel groups are now supported.

Regarding your problems with the video: What type of hardware are you using? I had this problem with mit ION pc. The solution was to set the Deinterlace method to "Auto - ION Optimized" (Set this as default for all channels)

Or maybe it is the platform - I have two identical ION pcs. The first is running an older ION optimized ubuntu distribution and everything is fine (after setting the deinterlace to ION Optimized).

On the other pc the current ubuntu version is installed. Unfortunately, all videos (tv live streams, recordings, MKVs from HDD) are stuttering, allthough the logs show that VDPAU is active...
jdembski Wrote:I've got a vu+ duo - I know I should not post it at this stage, but this is my first shot:

https://github.com/jdembski/xbmc/tree/addon_vuplus

Currently working:
- TV
- EPG-View
- Radio
- Add / Remove Timers
- Recordings
- channel groups

Todo:
- user / password support (if web interface is password protected) (implemented, but not tested yet)
- Edit Timer

I'm probably not going to implement (due to lack of interest):
- signal status

I'm not a programmer, so please be kind if something is not working correctly / is not implemented correctly resp. nicely.

really sorry to be such a pleb, but any chance of a step by step guide to getting this running on the latest pvr build?

compiling sounds a bit ....well.....beyond meBig Grin
stuattravs Wrote:really sorry to be such a pleb, but any chance of a step by step guide to getting this running on the latest pvr build?

compiling sounds a bit ....well.....beyond

I have a VU+ but I too am lost at all the talk of compiling xbmc builds etc. Could anyone who has got this working do a quick "How To" for us noobs? I would LOVE to have this working!

Even a guide on how to compile etc where neccesary and links to pre-requisits etc would be awesome! Normally I wouldn't request this in such early stage of development but this would be massive for me!

I of course realise there will be major bugs and problems at this stage, no pressure, just want to get started.
redknight Wrote:I have a VU+ but I too am lost at all the talk of compiling xbmc builds etc. Could anyone who has got this working do a quick "How To" for us noobs? I would LOVE to have this working!

Even a guide on how to compile etc where neccesary and links to pre-requisits etc would be awesome! Normally I wouldn't request this in such early stage of development but this would be massive for me!

I of course realise there will be major bugs and problems at this stage, no pressure, just want to get started.

I'm typing this from my memory, so there may be spelling mistakes, but this should work for Ubuntu:

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
2. sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
3. sudo apt-get install git
4. git clone git://github.com/jdembski/xbmc.git
5. cd xbmc
6. ./bootstrap
7. ./configure
8. make

Then you can try it out with ./xbmc.bin
jdembski Wrote:I'm typing this from my memory, so there may be spelling mistakes, but this should work for Ubuntu:

1. sudo add-apt-repository
2. sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
3. sudo apt-get install git
4. git clone
5. cd xbmc
6. ./bootstrap
7. ./configure
8. make

Then you can try it out with ./xbmc.bin

I'm a complete noob with this I'm afraid, I assume these are obviously linux command line entries but what will this actually produce and how do I translate that into an add-on like I would see elsewhere on the forum usually in .zip format.
redknight Wrote:I'm a complete noob with this I'm afraid, I assume these are obviously linux command line entries but what will this actually produce and how do I translate that into an add-on like I would see elsewhere on the forum usually in .zip format.

The PVR-Addons are Binary-Add-Ons, so right now the only way to get this to work is by compiling the whole thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuxbox PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2?2