[WINDOWS] Windows 7 worth it to go to 8 gig of ram?
Hi All,

This might of been discussed, but searching for 8gig seemed to turn up nothing good.

Currently right now I have an i3-530, with 4gigs of ram running Windows 7 Home Premium. Now I haven't noticed any slow down with skins or anything with xbmc, but what I'm curious about is ram.

Is it worth it to upgrade to 8gig just to have in case? Or is it really wasted resources. Just looking to get some thoughts an opinions on the matter.

Thanks All!
there are linux boxes running 1GB of ram playing 1080P BluRay Rips perfectly fine

I'd say you are plenty good on your 4GB of ram.

-=jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:there are linux boxes running 1GB of ram playing 1080P BluRay Rips perfectly fine

I'd say you are plenty good on your 4GB of ram.

-=jason=-

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Now will skins eat up more ram then others? Or are they all about equal.

Terry
Some are more resource heavy than others but nothing that will trouble anything except a decrepit old Xbox Wink

An i3 with 4Gb won't even break a sweat.
keerf Wrote:Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Now will skins eat up more ram then others? Or are they all about equal.

Terry

your not playing games here its just loading images, 4GB should be plenty for any of the heavy graffix skins a faster CPU helps, but you already have an core i3 so your good there.

core i3 + 4GB ram + Nvidia 22X card = HTPC WIN

-=Jason=-
Thanks for all the advice guys!
SSD instead!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Windows 7 worth it to go to 8 gig of ram?0