How switch audio device in a faster way?
Hi,

I use the xbmc with an HTPC running win XP and I control it by a xbmc remote controller and eventghost.

When I listen to music I use a pci card (ESI Juli@) and when I watch movie/tv shows I use the audio of the HDMI ATI Video card.

Every time I have to go under setting-system-settings-audio output and choice the audio output device and reboot xbmc.

It could be possible to semplify it? Something like two separate istances of xbmc or two profiles....so I can assign the shortcut to a a key in the remote control by eventghost and simply press a button.

Thank you for the help and sorry for my bad english.
Of hard drive space it's not a problem for you, you could create two portable installations and access them separately through EventGhost.

But in this case they would not share the same database. To do that you need for something more capable than me Smile
Queen1980 Wrote:Hi,

When I listen to music I use a pci card (ESI Juli@) and when I watch movie/tv shows I use the audio of the HDMI ATI Video card.

Every time I have to go under setting-system-settings-audio output and choice the audio output device and reboot xbmc.

I have a similar problem, switching between HDMI 2.0 and SP/Diff 5.1 and solved it by making two extra profiles, named TV and Surround, and enabled the login screen, also, enable shared data!.

Now when starting Xbmc I login using either the TV or the Surround profile and if I need to switch I push the power button on the remote, choose logoff and re-login in the mode I need. It seems WAF proof Nod

Regards,

Joop
OriginNG Wrote:I have a similar problem, switching between HDMI 2.0 and SP/Diff 5.1 and solved it by making two extra profiles, named TV and Surround, and enabled the login screen, also, enable shared data!.

Now when starting Xbmc I login using either the TV or the Surround profile and if I need to switch I push the power button on the remote, choose logoff and re-login in the mode I need. It seems WAF proof Nod

Regards,

Joop

Thanks! This works great. Is there any way to quickly change between 2 xbmc profiles? Maybe a shortcut?
You can use the "loadprofile" command in your keymap.xml and map the keys to your remote.

My setup using Harmony:

<F3>LoadProfile(Surround)</F3>
<F4>LoadProfile(Tv)</F4>

Just remember to stop the movie first, then switch and use the "Now Playing" playlist to quickly resume your movie.

"Now playing" keymap:

<F5>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)</F5>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How switch audio device in a faster way?2