How to mute audio?
I'm starting to do some research into implemented EDL muting, however, the XBMC code can be a little overwhelming at first Shocked ... so here's a very stupid question Oo ... if I wanna mute the audio, I'm assuming that I would have to send a message to one of the threads handling the audio data (or playback maybe). Could anyone point me in the correct direction on how I would go about doing this? Or tell me which source file would already have an example of this in it?

Thanks,
Harry
well, you can mute at the application level using g_application.Mute(). but ideally you'd like silence, not a mute.
spiff Wrote:well, you can mute at the application level using g_application.Mute(). but ideally you'd like silence, not a mute.

By silence vs mute, do you mean drop the actual audio data instead of just lowering the volume to 0?

Thanks,
Harry
You could try dropping the audio packets and see what that does.

For example, in CDVDPlayer::CheckSceneSkip(). If the stream is the audio stream and the EDL cut is of type MUTE then return true to drop that audio packet.

No idea what that will do... Hit and miss black magic coding Smile

Elupus is probably the person that knows most about this area.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
If your willing to wait, the new AudioEngine branch can handle this, all you need to do is set the volume level on the dvdplayer audio stream to zero.
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
dteirney Wrote:You could try dropping the audio packets and see what that does.

For example, in CDVDPlayer::CheckSceneSkip(). If the stream is the audio stream and the EDL cut is of type MUTE then return true to drop that audio packet.

No idea what that will do... Hit and miss black magic coding Smile

Elupus is probably the person that knows most about this area.

Tried that today, unfortunately it seems if you skip the audio packets it skips past the whole scene in a not too beautiful way Smile

Harry
gnif Wrote:If your willing to wait, the new AudioEngine branch can handle this, all you need to do is set the volume level on the dvdplayer audio stream to zero.

I'm in no way trying to rush anything, but just curios, are we talking weeks (in which case I'd probably wait) or months (in which case I'll work on trying to figure something else out with the existing code)?

Thanks,
Harry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to mute audio?0