Masterlock causes fanart to dissappear
Hi all.

I am running Dharma Beta 2 on both Windows and Linux (Live) machines, and have noticed a small issue with Movieset Fanart.

I know that Movieset fanart is not yet supported, but some time ago I read about a small change made to the code which would allow Moviesets to display the fanart of the first film in the set, which is a great workaround until it is fully supported.

However I have noticed that as soon as a Masterlock is added that this fanart dissappears. Even with just the Masterlock code set this happens, with no screens protected.

Disable the Masterlock, and the fanart of the first movie in the set re-appears again.

Any one else notice this ?

Happened on Beta 1 too.

Regards

Pete
Anyone ?
Can you please document exactly how you have things so that we can be guaranteed that we should be able to reproduce it?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK

I will try to explain how I have things arranged. This bug is present on both the Win32 (on windows7) and the Linux live versions.

I have a basic folder setup as follows

Movies
Dr No (1962)
Video_TS
vobs, movie.tbn movie.nfo fanart.jpg folder.jpg
From Russia with Love (1964)
Video_TS
Vobs, etc here

Note
For some reason the forum editor won't let me accurately indicate the directory structure.
but the Video_ts folders are of course subfolders of the actual individual movies rather than hanging off of the root.
Strangely when editing the post, the layout looks correct.

I manage all the fanart and scraping etc using Ember Media Manager, I prefer not to allow XBMC to scrape the information.

All the 007 Movies are added to a Movieset called 007. This movie set has a folder.jpg associated with it. By browsing for a thumbnail nail image within XBMC. However since XBMC will not yet support fanart for Moviesets, I naturally can not manually add an image.

However I believe that Spiff added some extra code to allow the fanart from the first movie in the set (to be displayed).

In the example I gave above, that would be from Movies\007\Dr No (1962)\Video_TS\fanart.jpg

I do in fact see this fanart image being displayed when I browse the 007 Movieset from the library.

Now simply go to settings and add a masterlock code (you do not need to lock any screens at this point, simply activate the masterlock and set a code)

The above fanart image will now no longer be displayed.

disable the masterlock, the fanart image will return.
bump !
24 hour rule.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Only trying to report a bug, sorry.

Seems however that it is only all of my machines that are affected.

I will just lurk and read the forums in future.
Sure - just no point bumping until you're absolutely positive that someone has had a chance to read your post and see if they can reproduce.

We're an international userbase, so this period should be at least 24 hours, ideally more like a couple of days.

I will be testing this later tonight, assuming I have some spare time.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok, good news is I can reproduce. Bad news is that it's non-trivial to fix.

I suggest you post a ticket on trac that clearly describes the problem and link back to this thread so that we don't lose track of this.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I have had a look at the Trac page, and can see the open tickets.

But I don't have a username and password. Also the quick links to
"help/guide" do not seem to work.

Adding a new ticket doesn't seem particularly intuitive.

Are there any guides for this ?

UPDATE.

Have now managed to login and create a ticket.
Number 10268
Thanks. For others reading it, you simply need your forum username and password to login to trac, then just hit "new ticket".

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10268

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Masterlock causes fanart to dissappear0