Setting totalepisodes and other tvshow information
Hi
I just discovered what a difference xbmcplugin.setContent(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), content='tvshows') makes to my plugin, and I was wondering if I could set some of those fields that show up in media info view such as aired, or total number of episodes?

I've tried listitem.setInfo("tvshow",{'totalepisodes':2}) but with no avail. What is the correct syntax (if there is one) for this?

Thanks,
Try just setting episode instead of totalepisodes. It works for total episodes when I set content to 'seasons'.
Thanks, that worked. I didn't know about 'seasons', are these documented?
I actually look through the skinning documentation because it seems more complete and up to date. I try to see what views are available in library mode.

also I found some other properties that you might be able to set instead of the episode tag in

Quote:ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes) Shows the total number of episodes for the currently selected tvshow or season
ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes) Shows the number of watched episodes for the currently selected tvshow or season
ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes) Shows the number of unwatched episodes for the currently selected tvshow or season
ListItem.Property(NumEpisodes) Shows the number of total, watched or unwatched episodes for the currently selected tvshow or season, based on the the current watched filter. (same as ListItem.Episode)

from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ing_Manual

also if you look through MyVideoNav.xml you can find things like Container.Content(TVShows) which should show which types of content the skin is using.

sorry if there might be documentation on this somewhere. I just couldn't find it.
Bringing this one back up from the dead..

Has anyone been successful in setting values for # watched and # unwatched? Total episodes work with the tip from BlueCop

I can't find the proper syntax for setting ListItem.Property type values

I've tried without any luck:

ListItem.setProperty('TotalEpisodes','30')
ListItem.setProperty('WatchedEpisodes','15')
So not sure what I did wrong before, but with the proper skin view I'm getting watched and unwatched counts to show by doing:

Code:
liz.setProperty('WatchedEpisodes', '5')
liz.setProperty('UnWatchedEpisodes', '10')

This displays fine under Confluence Media Info 2 view, but when hitting 'i' for Info the values are lost, is there another property that needs to be set?

So, looks like setting 'playcount' for tvshows does the job and calculates the unwatched.. this sets the counts in the Info dialog properly

Which I didn't expect since the description for playcount for listItem says:

playcount : integer (2) - number of times this item has been played

Also, is it not odd that you need to set 2 properties and 1 infolabel so that they show up in all areas? Maybe I should throw this Q to the Confluence forum?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting totalepisodes and other tvshow information0