[WIP] TWiT Addon
Lightbulb 
I put this up on google code hoping to entice anyone with real python skills, unlike myself, to pitch in or take over.

There have been some request for this. I think it would make a nice addition to the main repo. Lots of content, something for most anyone.

What I've done so far works except the links, episode name, are blank.

If anyone wants to be a project owner, committer, contributer please let me know. I'm open for anything.

http://code.google.com/p/twit-xbmc/
Redneck Wrote:I put this up on google code hoping to entice anyone with real python skills, unlike myself, to pitch in or take over.

There have been some request for this. I think it would make a nice addition to the main repo. Lots of content, something for most anyone.

What I've done so far works except the links, episode name, are blank.

If anyone wants to be a project owner, committer, contributer please let me know. I'm open for anything.

http://code.google.com/p/twit-xbmc/

I've got link names working in addition to adding the live stream.

Can you add me as a commiter? adamrb (a t) gmail . com
I've sumitted a patch here: http://code.google.com/p/twit-xbmc/issues/detail?id=1

No need to grant me commit access if you apply it yourself.

Edit: Patched Zip ready to install for those who want it: http://www.2shared.com/file/o3v_JxW4/twit.html
Very cool! Thanks.

Edit: I added you anyway, feel free to make any changes.

Sent request to be pulled to the main repo.
Could you add something to browse the back catalog of episodes?

I am having a weird bug where I don't get any audio out from their videos unless I set my audio output to 2.0 rather then 5.1 in audio settings on my htpc.
BlueCop Wrote:Could you add something to browse the back catalog of episodes?
I think, maybe, you only looked at TWiT Live. Everything else you should get a list of episodes.

Quote:I am having a weird bug where I don't get any audio out from their videos unless I set my audio output to 2.0 rather then 5.1 in audio settings on my htpc.
The audio for all their videos is mono. On my windows box I have 5.1 analog. I get sound from the center channel only, as expected.
I know I have been using this. it only lists the most recent episodes and not the back catalog. I was asking for complete episode lists.

yeap it seems to be a bug in xbmc. I am on linux. if I have it set 5.1 and I try to play a video it won't output to any channel. I have to set it to stereo. I just noticed it occurs in ted talks as well. Not sure what is causing it. I am putting together info for a ticket. I was curious to see if anyone else experienced this.
BlueCop Wrote:I know I have been using this. it only lists the most recent episodes and not the back catalog. I was asking for complete episode lists.

yeap it seems to be a bug in xbmc. I am on linux. if I have it set 5.1 and I try to play a video it won't output to any channel. I have to set it to stereo. I just noticed it occurs in ted talks as well. Not sure what is causing it. I am putting together info for a ticket. I was curious to see if anyone else experienced this.

I'm experiencing the same audio issue on Linux. I'm pretty sure it's an XBMC bug.

As far as the back catalog, this uses their podcast rss feed which contains the last 15 episodes or so. I'm not sure if a feed exists for all the past episodes.
Yes I am aware of the feed limitation but the site itself isn't limited in this way. I just wanted to put in a request. You could use always scrape the webpage.

Also Thanks for the plugin. I have been using it a lot. I think twit is addictive.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou sooo much!!!!
I thought the most recent twenty episodes would be enough Smile

I've been contemplating adding settings for the different bitrate streams. Looking at the website vs. the rss: feed, the rss feed offers a lot more options. Thoughts ?
Awesome work!

I am having buffering issues with the live stream, is it a setting I need to set, or a bug?
I haven't had any buffering issues. Little to no buffering with any of the streams. Maybe something else on your network hogging the bandwidth?
I should have a steady 100/100 mbit connection to the internet. It should not be an issue.

All recorded shows play fine, its just live that is buffering...
sjefen6 Wrote:I should have a steady 100/100 mbit connection to the internet. It should not be an issue.

All recorded shows play fine, its just live that is buffering...

Odd, I haven't seen any buffering issues either. Watched it for a few hours this weekend.

There might be another live feed that you can use, I'll do some digging on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] TWiT Addon0