[LIVE] How to: install transparency on XBMC Dharma ;-)
Big Grin 
Use terminal or other ssh compatible command line tool:

ssh "xbmc ip"
cd .xbmc/addons
mkdir skin.transparency
sudo apt-get install subversion
svn co http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ skin.transparency

reboot and change your skin in settings -> appearance

Enjoy transparency on Dharma!
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Thanks for the post!

I've been using Tortosie in a windows VM on my Mac, then ftping the directory to my Linux HTPC... this seems much easier!
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Thanks for the post!

I've been using Tortosie in a windows VM on my Mac, then ftping the directory to my Linux HTPC... this seems much easier!

Glad you like it. This is indeed a lot lot lot easier Smile
Thanks from the easy install Wink
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
Code:
ssh -l username 192.168.1.10
cd .xbmc/addons
mkdir skin.transparency
apt-get install subversion
svn co [url]http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/[/url] skin.transparency

The 'sudo' command isn't required (better to not use it) in this case because it will give root rights to the 'skin.transparency' directory and it's contents. Thus you won't be able to edit files as the owner of the home directory content and you won't be able to update the skin from the addons section (once it's been comited to the repository).

If you already have a 'skin.transparency' directory present in the addons section, remove it first...

Code:
cd .xbmc/addons
rm -r -f skin.transparency

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:If you already have a 'skin.transparency' directory present in the addons section, remove it first...

Code:
cd .xbmc/addons

Will that remove any skin settings, or are they stored elsewhere?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Bram77 Wrote:
Code:
ssh -l username 192.168.1.10
cd .xbmc/addons
mkdir skin.transparency
apt-get install subversion
svn co [url]http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/[/url] skin.transparency

The 'sudo' command isn't required (better to not use it) in this case because it will give root rights to the 'skin.transparency' directory and it's contents. Thus you won't be able to edit files as the owner of the home directory content and you won't be able to update the skin from the addons section (once it's been comited to the repository).

If you already have a 'skin.transparency' directory present in the addons section, remove it first...

Code:
cd .xbmc/addons

Thank you for the info. I wonder when it this and many other skins and beautiful plugins will be added to the main repository.
Maybe there could be a beta tag/icon to the skins/plugins/scripts in test phase. Now that we have a great installe/update/remove script build into Dharma everybody should take advantage of that.
clock2113 Wrote:Will that remove any skin settings, or are they stored elsewhere?

removing the skin won't delete your settings,
those are stored inside your Userdata folder.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
tripkip Wrote:Thank you for the info. I wonder when it this and many other skins and beautiful plugins will be added to the main repository.
Maybe there could be a beta tag/icon to the skins/plugins/scripts in test phase. Now that we have a great installe/update/remove script build into Dharma everybody should take advantage of that.

i'm aiming to get T! in the repo this week. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Great! That will make things so much easier!
ronie Wrote:i'm aiming to get T! in the repo this week. ;-)

Thx Ronie that's great news!
Star 
ronie Wrote:i'm aiming to get T! in the repo this week. ;-)

Great stuff....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] How to: install transparency on XBMC Dharma ;-)0