xbmc video player engine settings? tweaks?
Hey all, I am a little new to xbmc, i have it set up on a seompron140 running at 3ghz, on a biostar mobo running the integrated 4250 video chipset (40 stream processors running at 900mhz). i am using the full catalyst suit and codecs allowing for 264 and vc1 accelerated decoding.

I am running into very minor issue im trying to peg down.

when playing a movie in xbmc on the media-pc, with post processing off, and in full screen mode, every now and then (NOT on a regular basis, or in the same scenes) it drops several frames... however if i play the same movie in mediaplayer or vlc on the media-pc i do not see the same frame drops.

i have tried toggling the sync options, the audio sync options, force display to media framerate options in various combo's but it doesn't go away.

if i play the same movie on a quad core box @ 3.5ghz, with a 720 stream 5750 ati card in xmbc there is not any stuttering at all.

i am thinking it is the load from the xbmc UI and the player engine... and am looking to see if there is a more detailed settings file or configuration file to tweak.... any leads ? ideas ? comments ?Nerd
perhaps turning on hardware acceleration in XBMC would help

also maybe the movie or movies in question were badly encoded, it happens
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
tcman47 Wrote:perhaps turning on hardware acceleration in XBMC would help

Currently full enabled and tested under "auto, pixel shader and software.." as the unit is a single core software was horrendous Laugh

tcman47 Wrote:also maybe the movie or movies in question were badly encoded, it happens

i also had thoughts on that, but i tried multiple sources, and ripped a few of my own sample. still had the issue. still resolved by playing outside of xbmc sadly...
im going to give the live cd a try for grins and giggles tonite...
resolved. reinstalled windows. now the issue doe not present.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc video player engine settings? tweaks?0