Is it possible to have home screen music?
I'm not sure if this is a general XBMC question or something a skin has to do - I want to have some music playing when on home screen. Not playing as part of regular playback - i.e. I don't want to see a now playing for it. it should be like the background, it just plays when nothing else does.

IMO it will add a lot of ambience to XBMC.
Why just on the Home screen, I only spend like 10 seconds on Home? Probably technically doable but not sure how popular it would be just for Home.

You can have a playlist at startup, Confluence has that, so it's doable.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
You're right, its not what I meant. Better way to say is - play music from a folder in background if nothing else is chosen by user to play.

I want it to be separate from the music playback so it works like this - on startup it starts playing but is not shown in the UI (it would be background instrumental music). Then user can play a movie/music, but as soon as they stop, the startup music starts playing again. So its on anytime no media is playing.

Does anyone else find this useful and is there a way to do this?
This is a fantastic idea. I would definitely use it!
problem would be the different volumes u have to use on different media. for me i have to have a lot of volume on digital sound (passthrough) but not that much on music and other media that is not passthrough. so if music starts playing automatically with amped up stereo i would probably loose my hearing and blow my speakers.

but good idea for those who likes having music playing.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
i'm thinking this is a xbmc thing, not a skin thing

however, i think plex did this awhile back so i think its feasible, just need someone with some coding skills to submit a patch (well, after dharma goes gold Wink)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to have home screen music?0