Missing Text in Settings Menu
Heya Sharpe and dfjdafreund! Love the skin. Think I mentioned before that it is now the default skin in my home theater. You guys have done an amazing job capturing the true "Theater" experience Wink

I just upgraded a few days ago and alot of the text is missing from the settings menu.

I'm running r33951 and I have version 2.9.1 of the skin. If I go to the Skin settings menu, the Home section is missing a lot of text. The first 10 or so options are blank. I can move down to them, so XBMC recognizes that something is there, but there's no text and no radio button.

I'm away from home right now, but if you need more info I can get it for you when I get home.

On a side note, I had fanart working in the Coverflow view before. I don't remember if this was something I coded myself or if it was an option that I just can't see now because of the missing text. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Rand
Hiya Rand hope you're well,

Ok I've just updated my version of XBMC to Windows Dharma Rev33956 and I'm not getting the same error.

So it could be a few things I guess:

Might be an incomplete version of the skin copied over when you upgraded - could you try and manually copy over the skin folders?

It could be some XBMC quirk that existed in r33951 that's no longer there in r33956 - only way to rule that out would be to try r33956.

It might be a linux case sensitivity issue that I've not ironed out - what platform are you running?

The fanart in coverflow would be something you added yourself - I'll see what it looks like and maybe add it in.
Also have this issue on Linux SVN 33984. I have tried redownloading the skin and manually adding it with no change.
Thanks for that ralob.

Would you mind copying this file over to the skin's PAL16X9 folder and let me know if that helps?

Cheers
Hey Sharpe,

Looks like it an issue with the latest svn from trunk and not the dharma branch. I installed the Rev33956 of Dharma and everything works as expected.

Thanks for the help and keep up the great work!
Sharpe Wrote:Thanks for that ralob.

Would you mind copying this file over to the skin's PAL16X9 folder and let me know if that helps?

Cheers

Well I can see the text now. However, there is no ability to manipulate the settings. Pressing 'enter' does not enable or disable anything on some lines, there is no on/off icon on some lines, and so on. While the visibility of the settings themselves is restored, the user still cannot change the settings themselves.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if it isn't and I will try to clarify.
Cheers ralob - would you mind just helping me nail this one?

Is it only in the skin options that you get this bug? & could you let me know an example of any control that doesn't "work" please? I'll have a look then and see if something is off - it's probably some defaults.xml issue I suppose.

Thanks
Sharpe Wrote:Cheers ralob - would you mind just helping me nail this one?

Is it only in the skin options that you get this bug? & could you let me know an example of any control that doesn't "work" please? I'll have a look then and see if something is off - it's probably some defaults.xml issue I suppose.

Thanks

Sure, no problemo. I will take a vid of it tonight when I get a few minutes.
I looked through some of the various windows and did not see any blatant blank spaces other than the previously reported "skin settings" area. Here are a few screens that show the bug. I figured it would be quicker than a vid.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cp5nbznuq5nvnuw
Thanks - I'll look into this.
ralob would you mind checking if this fixes things?
Fixed. Excellent. Many thanks. Smile

EDIT: Found missing text on the 'clean library' popup in the Video Settings area. The confirm/cancel text is not there.
Thanks again - could you see if this fixes it please?
Yup! Fix works perfect.
Cool - I've added the fix to the main download link and updated the SVN - I'll push it through the repo next time I ask for an update.

Thanks for the help fixing this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Text in Settings Menu0