• 2(current)
Release flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon
From what I can tell it's to do with the ssl connection and webviewer on the iOS. Out of interest, do you think it would be possible to copy the authorisation stuff across from an already authorised machine? If so, which files do you think would need copying and where do I put them?
codex70 Wrote:From what I can tell it's to do with the ssl connection and webviewer on the iOS. Out of interest, do you think it would be possible to copy the authorisation stuff across from an already authorised machine? If so, which files do you think would need copying and where do I put them?

Sorry about the late reply. That probably could work. In my case on a linux machine, the relevant file is in (Home Folder)/.flickr/0a802e6334304794769996c84c57d187/auth.token

The location would vary by OS, but you would have to copy the directory containing the auth.token file as well, which matches the api key of the flickr plugin.

I probably can't fix the error because I don't have access to an iPad and in any case I've found that generally addon SSL errors are due to the underlying Python implementation for the particular OS and python version that XBMC uses.
Thanks for getting back to me. Just updated IPad and went to try installing it all again, but it's showing the add on as broken. Don't know if this is for all builds, or because I'm running a nightly build? Would be good to get it working as it's great on my home PC.
codex70 Wrote:Thanks for getting back to me. Just updated IPad and went to try installing it all again, but it's showing the add on as broken. Don't know if this is for all builds, or because I'm running a nightly build? Would be good to get it working as it's great on my home PC.

Not sure what you mean by it's showing the addon as broken. XBMC is showing that?
Sorry to take so long getting back to you, I'm in the process of moving house. When I go to picture add ons, both your flickr and Facebook add ons say broken next to them. When I click on the add on itself, the details screen show a status of broken and I'm unable to click on install.

As said, I am running a nightly build on the iPad, so this may be the cause.
codex70 Wrote:Sorry to take so long getting back to you, I'm in the process of moving house. When I go to picture add ons, both your flickr and Facebook add ons say broken next to them. When I click on the add on itself, the details screen show a status of broken and I'm unable to click on install.

As said, I am running a nightly build on the iPad, so this may be the cause.

I'm assuming (unless you are getting the same message on a normal PC) that the addons are broken for the iOS, and that nightly builds have nothing to do with it. The Web Viewer is the common cause because it is the only thing that connects via secure http. I'm going to add an option for authorizing via another browser. That was in fact the original method. It may take a couple of weeks before I get to it.

Hope your house moving goes smoothly Smile
Just a little extra info, as you suspected web viewer has the same problem, and when I look at the details page for the plugin it says dependancies not met.
codex70, could you test the version at the link below? It can authenticate via another browser. It does not require Web Viewer for installation.

It will ask you to go to http://xbmc.2ndmind.com/auth which will re-direct you to flickr. When you authorize, you will get a 9 digit code which you then enter into the dialog on XBMC, and that should be it Smile

http://flickrxbmc.googlecode.com/files/p...0.9.91.zip
Will take a look as soon as I can, moving house today so it's all a bit hectic here and my pc is in bits!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look into this.
Only just got connected with BT (ggrrrr 2 weeks no internet) anyway, tried it out this morning and it all works. Thanks for all your help with this, much appreciated.
When I enter the 9 digit code into this add on I get a script failed error.

Im running Eden V11 beta on ATV2.

Here is my log file, sorry if Im not doing this right but its my first time so go easy on me.

Thanks heaps.

http://pastebin.com/SHsuh5Y8
I decided to get another authorization code and this time it worked. Not sure why it didn't the first time, I made sure I entered the authorization code straight away and didn't leave it to long as to expire.
Troyp42 Wrote:I decided to get another authorization code and this time it worked. Not sure why it didn't the first time, I made sure I entered the authorization code straight away and didn't leave it to long as to expire.

My favorite kind of problem is one that solves itself Smile
Hi, will this work with eden, if yes then were do I find it?
Thanks and sorry for the noob questions but I'd really like to know
working on openelec 11 beta 1 nightly and win7 11 beta 1.

Great addon. Does exactly what it says. Brilliant. Just writing up a review on our blog.

cheers
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon6