• 6(current)
Release flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon
Version 0.9.103

Did a couple of updates while testing stuff on my ATV2 so there were three versions added to the repo since the last version post.

Changes:
** 0.9.103 ***
Fix images
** 0.9.102 ***
Added 'Groups' icon, set Contacts '[Recent Photos]' icon to 'Photostream' icon
Made 'Re-authorize' settings option only enabled when 'Access As User' is set
Fixed issue when authorizing via the 'Re-authorize' button
** 0.9.101 ***
Added 'Groups' which will list your groups. Selecting a group will show the group's photo pool
Under 'Contacts' added '[Recent Photos]' which will show up to 50 photos (5 for each contact) from your contacts' photostreams.
Added 'Re-authorize' option in settings to fix a broken auth (ie Bad Auth Token errors)

On my REPO.
Plugin Slideshow Screensaver

I need to make a new thread for this addon, but for the moment, here's an update:

Added the ability to use ShareSocial image feeds (Only works with Facebook-Media 0.7.8 at this time and requires ShareSocial 0.2.0 or greater to be installed)
Improved slideshow image loading (now loads next image while displaying current image, so less instance of black screen)
Improved the settings dialog
Added loading indicator and message while waiting for images to load
Added error indicator and message if error occurs while loading images

On my REPO

Be sure to upgrade Facebook-Media and ShareSocial if you want to have a Facebook slideshow, as the addon does not require them, so they won't be updated automatically.
Started a thread for the Plugin Slideshow Screensaver HERE.
Question 
Hi ruuk

I'm probably doing something stupid but I'm having trouble authenticating my flickr account using the plugin. I've uploaded the log to http://pastebin.com/hfzRj13Z Huh

Cheers
(2013-06-26, 14:05)FurryGorilla Wrote: Hi ruuk

I'm probably doing something stupid but I'm having trouble authenticating my flickr account using the plugin. I've uploaded the log to http://pastebin.com/hfzRj13Z :huh:

Cheers

While the addon should probably handle this error more gracefully, the error says user not found. Are you sure you are entering your Flickr username correctly?
Yeah, that's what's weird. I have double checked and I definitely am using the correct user name (Yahoo ID) - I've logged off and on via Chrome.

OK well this might be a bit of an issue.

I typed in a user name (not mine). I then authorised it online and I could then access their photos (probably public). I then backed out of the plugin, changed the user name to blank and said don't access as user, reopened the app and then did the same again (backed out) but with my user name this time (without re-authorization). It's now working.

Got their in the end ruuk. It was probably me doing something odd! Thank you.
Hi, your script works for an individual Fllickr user's account. But I don't see a way to display the photos in a Flickr group. Entering the name of a group in the user field in the settings returns and error "User not found," which is logical. Can you please add a feature to display a group's photos? Or does the plugin do this somehow already? Thanks for your work on this addon.
Version 0.9.104

Changes:
- Added 'Search flickr Groups'

On my REPO.

(2013-09-04, 23:54)sepp Wrote: Hi, your script works for an individual Fllickr user's account. But I don't see a way to display the photos in a Flickr group. Entering the name of a group in the user field in the settings returns and error "User not found," which is logical. Can you please add a feature to display a group's photos? Or does the plugin do this somehow already? Thanks for your work on this addon.

As you can see I added 'Search flickr Groups'.
Just FYI, were previously able to (and still able to) view the groups you have joined with the 'Groups' option. This, of course, requires you to be using the addon as an authenticated user.

If I get around to it, I may add an option to browse the groups category tree.
Interestingly, while there is an API method for browsing the groups category tree, it doesn't actually have any categories Smile
I also couldn't find any way to access categories from the web page either.

So, it looks like search is all we get Smile
I am having an issue with photos that are taken with the front facing camera and then uploaded to Flickr are shown with the correct orientation on my phone, flicker, Flickr addon thumbnail, but not when the slideshow is working. Before I learn how to post a log file can someone see if they have the same issue? Thanks.
(2013-11-07, 21:12)xdriver Wrote: I am having an issue with photos that are taken with the front facing camera and then uploaded to Flickr are shown with the correct orientation on my phone, flicker, Flickr addon thumbnail, but not when the slideshow is working. Before I learn how to post a log file can someone see if they have the same issue? Thanks.

Check in the addon settings. Tell me if your default display size is Original. If it is, the addon has no way of automatically rotating the image. You will have to change to another size.
If it is not, well then I'm not sure what the issue is Smile
The orientation is correct in every setting except Original and Large. I am curious why this doesn't work even though the photo was not taken in landscape mode, it was just taken with the front facing (facetime on my iphone) camera.
(2013-11-07, 21:54)xdriver Wrote: The orientation is correct in every setting except Original and Large.
I would assume this is because the image size of large is the same as original, though you would think flickr would still rotate the large anyway...
(2013-11-07, 21:54)xdriver Wrote: I am curious why this doesn't work even though the photo was not taken in landscape mode, it was just taken with the front facing (facetime on my iphone) camera.
Well, there are two ways a camera can handle rotation. One is to save the image rotated, and the other is to save the image and set the rotation in the exif data.
If the image is saved rotated, all image sizes on flickr would be rotated the same.
Now if the rotation is just in the exif data, the actual image is saved basically un-rotated from the camera's default orientation. Flickr uses the exif to rotate the resized images, but not the original.

I think most cameras use the second method.
Version 1.0.0

Changes:
- Fix some authentication issues and remove WebViewer option (now has unreadable captchas)
- Update addon.xml for Gotham
- Converted strings.xml files to strings.po files

On the official XBMC repo.
For me authentication doesnt work.
I get the 9 digit code on Flickr, I enter it, and after clicking OK it says "User not found".

(2013-12-03, 20:40)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.0

Changes:
- Fix some authentication issues and remove WebViewer option (now has unreadable captchas)
- Update addon.xml for Gotham
- Converted strings.xml files to strings.po files

On the official XBMC repo.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon6