• 4(current)
Release flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon
(2012-06-05, 15:17)Kaio85 Wrote: Hi
Thank you for this great Add-on !!!
Is there a possibilty to use this add-on on two different XBMC-setups with only one Flickr-account?
Because I´m unable to login on both htpc, it seems that the code is only valid for one setup Sad

THX

Well, you wouldn't be able to use the same code, but I would think you should be able to do the authorization process a second time.
Is that what you tried? If so let me know and I'll look into it.
Hi!
I tried the following:
1) creating one code and use it for both xbmc --> 1 setup works fine 2 setup shows a token error
2) creating a code for each xbmc ---> only the setup with the last entered code works.
Sad
THX

(2012-06-05, 22:49)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 15:17)Kaio85 Wrote: Hi
Thank you for this great Add-on !!!
Is there a possibilty to use this add-on on two different XBMC-setups with only one Flickr-account?
Because I´m unable to login on both htpc, it seems that the code is only valid for one setup Sad

THX

Well, you wouldn't be able to use the same code, but I would think you should be able to do the authorization process a second time.
Is that what you tried? If so let me know and I'll look into it.

Hi, I can see my set ( folder with 28 images) but when clicking the folder is empty

Any ideas ?

Big Grin
(2012-06-10, 20:48)Topazuk Wrote: Hi, I can see my set ( folder with 28 images) but when clicking the folder is empty

Any ideas ?

Big Grin

Other sets display fine?

I'll probably need your xbmc.log
Version 0.9.96

Changes:
- Fix for photos with no title set. Will now try title, then date taken, then date uploaded and finally photo id

On my REPO.
Version 0.9.97

Changes:
- Fixed a bug where initial authorization via external web browser fails, but succeeds on second attempt

On my REPO.
Hey ruuk can you explain a bit as to why any login /activation is required? I just want to browse Flickr....more importantly just add account names so I can browse their pics, just like on the appletv. Is that possible with your app?

Also there is an issue when using your addon in xbmc on the appletv (frodo). If u click on your addon and it asks you to enter in your registration code, there is no way to get out of the entry form. Cancel does not get out but usually pressing "done" with nothing entered will get out. On your addon it just says wrong code and popup the entry window. The only way to get rid is to reboot or kill xbmc completely.

Thanks for the help.
the plugin is just hanging for me, does anyone know why? I suspect it is because the 2ndmind website doesn't appear to be working?
(2013-01-04, 05:22)FensterB Wrote: Hey ruuk can you explain a bit as to why any login /activation is required? I just want to browse Flickr....more importantly just add account names so I can browse their pics, just like on the appletv. Is that possible with your app?

Also there is an issue when using your addon in xbmc on the appletv (frodo). If u click on your addon and it asks you to enter in your registration code, there is no way to get out of the entry form. Cancel does not get out but usually pressing "done" with nothing entered will get out. On your addon it just says wrong code and popup the entry window. The only way to get rid is to reboot or kill xbmc completely.

Thanks for the help.

I'll look at the problem with the code entry problem.
Also, I'll look into making authentication optional and allowing the user to just browse public items. Activation is currently required because the addon accesses the flickr content as the user so that they can view their own private photos or photos that are shared with them by another user.
(2013-01-04, 13:11)dvd.collector Wrote: the plugin is just hanging for me, does anyone know why? I suspect it is because the 2ndmind website doesn't appear to be working?

I just tested it, and the 2ndmind website URL is working fine. The only thing I use the 2ndmind address for is to redirect the user to the flickr auth address (which is not a user friendly address)
I can't say why it's hanging for you, I'd need more details. Also, the current version is 0.9.97. What version are you using.
Version 0.9.98

Changes:
- Added option in settings: 'Access as user (Requires Authentication)'
- Added the ability to browse flickr without authorization. If username is not set in settings, only 'Search flickr' and 'Interesting Today' will be available
- Now when asking for token entry after external browser authorization, clicking done on a blank entry will exit the dialog loop (ie for ATV2)

On my REPO.

Also note that if you want to authenticate with WebViewer in Frodo, you should update that as well as there is a bug that will prevent you from exiting the viewer.
wow ruuk thanks so much. That allows me to browse without logging in!
(2013-01-04, 13:11)dvd.collector Wrote: the plugin is just hanging for me, does anyone know why? I suspect it is because the 2ndmind website doesn't appear to be working?

Quote:I just tested it, and the 2ndmind website URL is working fine. The only thing I use the 2ndmind address for is to redirect the user to the flickr auth address (which is not a user friendly address)
I can't say why it's hanging for you, I'd need more details. Also, the current version is 0.9.97. What version are you using.

Hi, I've just installed the latest version from your repo 0.9.98 using XBMC eden and have the same issue hanging with this version.

What I've noticed is that whenever I enter a username in the settings or enable the "access as a user" option, the plugin hangs XBMC. I don't even enter the plugin, just moving the mouse over the option in the plugin list causes the hang.

If I do not have a username or disable the "access as a user" option then the hang does not occur. I'm guessing its failing at the authentication stage somehow.

I should add i've tried this on two different pc's, one with a fresh XBMC install.

edited to add log:

Code:
12:41:01 T:34824  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:41:01 T:26264 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
12:41:01 T:26264   ERROR: Control 6 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
12:41:07 T:26264   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites
12:41:14 T:32996   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting add
12:41:17 T:48692  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:41:18 T:48692  NOTICE: plugin.image.flickr: Web Viewer Not Installed - Using Mobile Method
12:41:18 T:32480  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:41:19 T:32480  NOTICE: plugin.image.flickr: Web Viewer Not Installed - Using Mobile Method
I've never really used flickr before, but I am looking high and low for more picture add-ons to use with XBMC. I created an account at flickr for use with this add-on, but obviously my photostream is completely empty. I don't see any options to add photos I find to my collection. All I seem to be able to do is add these photos to my XBMC favorites, which is really just a pain in the butt.

Is there a way to create a photosteam (or gallery or whatever it's called) made up of photos I find on flickr? Or better yet, is there a way to download these pictures to my existing collection on my computer? I can download any image i find on flickr through my web browser, but not through XBMC, which limits my ability to grab them from a HTPC that has no web browser.
(2013-01-08, 14:34)dvd.collector Wrote: Hi, I've just installed the latest version from your repo 0.9.98 using XBMC eden and have the same issue hanging with this version.

What I've noticed is that whenever I enter a username in the settings or enable the "access as a user" option, the plugin hangs XBMC. I don't even enter the plugin, just moving the mouse over the option in the plugin list causes the hang.

If I do not have a username or disable the "access as a user" option then the hang does not occur. I'm guessing its failing at the authentication stage somehow.

I should add i've tried this on two different pc's, one with a fresh XBMC install.

edited to add log:

Code:
12:41:01 T:34824  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:41:01 T:26264 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
12:41:01 T:26264   ERROR: Control 6 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
12:41:07 T:26264   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites
12:41:14 T:32996   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting add
12:41:17 T:48692  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:41:18 T:48692  NOTICE: plugin.image.flickr: Web Viewer Not Installed - Using Mobile Method
12:41:18 T:32480  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:41:19 T:32480  NOTICE: plugin.image.flickr: Web Viewer Not Installed - Using Mobile Method

Since I can't see the whole log file, I'm assuming that the log stops there because XBMC crashes at that point. I'll look at the code and try un-installing WebViewer to match your setup and see if I can duplicate the behavior.

(2013-01-08, 20:16)dkplayaclub Wrote: I've never really used flickr before, but I am looking high and low for more picture add-ons to use with XBMC. I created an account at flickr for use with this add-on, but obviously my photostream is completely empty. I don't see any options to add photos I find to my collection. All I seem to be able to do is add these photos to my XBMC favorites, which is really just a pain in the butt.

Is there a way to create a photosteam (or gallery or whatever it's called) made up of photos I find on flickr? Or better yet, is there a way to download these pictures to my existing collection on my computer? I can download any image i find on flickr through my web browser, but not through XBMC, which limits my ability to grab them from a HTPC that has no web browser.

Perhaps I could add an option to the context menu to save the selected image to file. Would that be what you are looking for?
(2013-01-08, 21:43)ruuk Wrote: Perhaps I could add an option to the context menu to save the selected image to file. Would that be what you are looking for?

Stroke of genius. That would be awesome. Of course there would have to be some sort of option for where saved images are stored, or some dialogue asking where you would like to put each saved image. This alone would make this add-on 100 times better IMHO. Thank you for your quick response as well.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon6