• 7(current)
Release flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon
(2013-12-12, 16:33)packman1969 Wrote: For me authentication doesnt work.
I get the 9 digit code on Flickr, I enter it, and after clicking OK it says "User not found".

Is your flickr username entered correctly in settings?
If you're getting that error, that means that authorization worked, otherwise it wouldn't get that far.
You can also try clearing the username from the settings and trying again. The addon will attempt to get the username from flickr instead.
I've added some code just now that will do that automatically if there is an error with the username in settings. It will be in the next update.
For now, try what I mentioned above, and let me know how it goes.
(2013-12-12, 21:14)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 16:33)packman1969 Wrote: For me authentication doesnt work.
I get the 9 digit code on Flickr, I enter it, and after clicking OK it says "User not found".

Is your flickr username entered correctly in settings?
If you're getting that error, that means that authorization worked, otherwise it wouldn't get that far.
You can also try clearing the username from the settings and trying again. The addon will attempt to get the username from flickr instead.
I've added some code just now that will do that automatically if there is an error with the username in settings. It will be in the next update.
For now, try what I mentioned above, and let me know how it goes.

Thanks a lot. Worked like a charm.

The name was entered definitly correct, taking it out did the trick.
Anyone know is we can still get slideshows to work for "favorites." I used to be able to play a slide show of all photos in my saved fav. After the update I have not been able to.
(2013-12-22, 20:50)jdastas Wrote: Anyone know is we can still get slideshows to work for "favorites." I used to be able to play a slide show of all photos in my saved fav. After the update I have not been able to.

It's working fine for me. I need a log to see what's happening for you. The easiest way is to use the XBMC Log Uploader programs addon, and share the link here (just the ID of the link URL would be fine)
Nice too see some updates to the plugin. I have been using it for a while.

Is there any chance to get a better video stream? At least 720p?

And one bug. If you open a picture and you go back and forward it's working well with pictures but if you get to video it does not work. In a slideshow mode there is no problem with showing pictures and video mix.

Thanks for great work.
(2014-01-14, 10:57)igorpec Wrote: Nice too see some updates to the plugin. I have been using it for a while.

Is there any chance to get a better video stream? At least 720p?

And one bug. If you open a picture and you go back and forward it's working well with pictures but if you get to video it does not work. In a slideshow mode there is no problem with showing pictures and video mix.

Thanks for great work.
I'll look into it when I get a chance.
Version 1.0.1

Changes:
- Added a settings option for preferred video quality

On my REPO.

Now you can choose between Mobile MP4, Site MP4, HD MP4 and Video Original. If the preferred quality is not available, it will show the next best available quality.

Viewing HD or original videos may only be available on pro accounts.

(2014-01-14, 10:57)igorpec Wrote: Is there any chance to get a better video stream? At least 720p?
As you can see I added the ability to select video quality.
(2014-01-14, 10:57)igorpec Wrote: And one bug. If you open a picture and you go back and forward it's working well with pictures but if you get to video it does not work. In a slideshow mode there is no problem with showing pictures and video mix.
This isn't a bug in the plugin. When you select an image or video, control is passed off to XBMC. When you go backwards and forwards, it is XBMC is handling the transition between items from the list.
Threre is a chance that there is something I should be doing different that would allow XBMC to handle this properly, but I don't know what that would be. The fact that the slideshow works fine would seem to indicate that the issue is in XBMC, otherwise you would assume that wouldn't work either.
Version 1.0.2

Changes:
- Username option in settings is now disabled when access as user is enabled
- Username setting is no longer used when user is authenticated

On my REPO.

This should hopefully clear up some issues with the username setting.

The username setting is only needed if you don't want to authenticate, but you want the items from your flickr account (photostream, etc) to show up. If you leave it blank, you will only get the flickr site items (Search flickr, etc).

If you enable 'Access As User' then you don't need to set the username (and in fact now you can't). You will be authenticated and it will be retrieved automatically.

The only time a 'User not found' error should show up now is if you are not using authentication and have the username set incorrectly.
Hi ruuk,

The authentification fail everytime for me, with "Error: 1: Mini-token not found".

I'm authorizing xbmc on flickr (with http://xbmc.2ndmind.com/auth/). I enter the 9 digits in xbmc, and then, i get the error.

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work ?

Here's the pastebin : http://pastebin.com/5VcpYpD6
(2014-04-02, 20:36)jackripper Wrote: Hi ruuk,

The authentification fail everytime for me, with "Error: 1: Mini-token not found".

I'm authorizing xbmc on flickr (with http://xbmc.2ndmind.com/auth/). I enter the 9 digits in xbmc, and then, i get the error.

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work ?

Here's the pastebin : http://pastebin.com/5VcpYpD6

Hmmm... I get the same error when I re-authorize. I'll have to look into it.
It's working today...

Flickr auth was broken yesterday it seems.

All good. Thanks
(2014-04-04, 00:30)jackripper Wrote: It's working today...

Flickr auth was broken yesterday it seems.

All good. Thanks

Good. Thanks for letting me know.
Hi! First let me say how much I enjoy using your add-on. It's great and far better than anything I've seen short of ONE good app for the ipad/iphone. Great job!

Just one question: I have multiple boxes running XBMC. When I authenticate on one box, it de-activates the previous authentication on any other box that was authenticated. Essentially, it appears than I can have only one box authenticated at a time. Do you know of any way around this? Or perhaps this is a Flickr issue that only allows one instance of XBMC to be authenticated at a time?

Again, thanks for writing and maintaining the best Flickr app I've seen!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

I've known about the issue for a while. I just went through the docs to double check.

From the flickr api docs: "Only one authentication token per application per user will be valid at any one time"

Now, I believe if you could share the same access token between devices, then that would work. The problem is getting the token to the other devices. This would be easier if the tokens didn't have to be refreshed every so often. I could have an option to export a token and import a token and the user could use that to share between the devices.

There are a couple of options I could use to overcome this.

One would be to have multiple application keys and then have the use pick which one to use for each device (ie: "Key: 1" one one device, "Key: 2" on another).
The main drawbacks to this are: 1. It limits the number of devices to how many keys I set up and I have to maintain all of these 2. Each key represents a different application from flickr's point of view and the users point of view when on the flickr site and 3. The metrics for usage are then split up between all the keys.

Another option would be for me to set up a token server on my web hosting that the addon would access to get the current token and update it if changed. The main drawbacks to this are: 1. There needs to be some authentication method for accessing the token server to protect the user's token and 2. I have to maintain a server (I don't mind using my hosting for this, I'm paying for it either way, but it represents another component I have to maintain)

Yet another option (and perhaps the most likely for me to implement) would be to allow the user to specify a location to store the token. The user could then select a location on their network and all instances could access that.
The main drawback to this method is that all the devices need to have access to the same network location.

If the last option would work for you, I could probably implement that fairly painlessly. If not, I'll think about option 2 and perhaps implement that in the future. I don't really like option 1, so I probably won't do that.
Wink 
Wow! Thanks for the quick response. Since all of my devices are on the same network, a shared token location would work very well.

I can't speak for other users, but I think that allowing the user to specify the token location on their network would be the easiest solution to implement and maintain.

I agree with you that Option 1 isn't very practical. Option 2 would be nice, but I don't think the effort is worth the benefit for the majority of your users. The one place this would come in handy is for someone like me who takes a XBMC box on the road when I travel. But I think I can live for a few days without Flickr on my XBMC when I'm out of town.

If you could easily add a way to specify the token location on a LAN, that would be GREAT! Thanks again for a great app!

BTW, if you wrote an app like this for Android and the new Fire TV, I think it would be a hit $$$!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon6