Android remote won't recognize user name and password
I've checked the user name and password in XBMC and in my android remote setup 20 times and they match exactly. I can control XBMC with the remote but when I try to connect it tells me that the user name and password don't match. I can't get any of the features on my phone other than remote because of this. Evo 4G running Froyo with latest remote beta.
I'm seeing that people had problems kind of like mine and they were able to disable the user/password authentication. for the life of me, I can't find that option in XBMC or in the remote app on the Android.
You can disable it by clearing the password in XBMC.

What are your username and password if I'm allowed to ask?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
I was able to disable them but now it just says at the bottom of the droid screen to check setting and try again. I can still use the remote but can't connect. I cleared the user and password in the droid app also.
Did you enable the control through HTTP?
Is there anything else running on port 8080? Did you try to change the port? Is the port blocked through a firewall?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
I tried changing it to 9090 and that didn't work. I'll check my firewall tonight and let you know the result.
Any ideas on what is going on?

I've got user names and passwords identical, but I can't connect at all to XBMC on my Mac.

"Connection Refused: Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled and XBMC is running."

Please help!
I have continued to play with this and think I've found the problem.

Basically I had the wrong IP address. I thought I had the right one by going to a couple of websites which gave me an IP address - I guess of the router. I went into my own settings randomly on my Mac and discovered a different IP address. Putting this in made it all work perfectly.

Hope this helps!

Luke
Well, the discovery has definitely helped you... Smile
Hi,
I was hopping for some help with my remote problem. I forgot my webserver password so I can't connect to blackberry playbook remote. We had a working remote with My daughter's ipad but since she takes her ipad with her i figure a second remote would be good. I've been searching for help but I can't find any.
I just read in this post to clear the password but I'm afraid If i do that then I won't be able to connect to ipad.
I'm using xbmc Frodo 12.3 on my husbands samsung galaxy note 10.1.
Maybe if I delete xbmc and reinstall it??

I'm new to xbmc and I'm not so good with all these electronics. I do a lot of searching for answers and hopefully I find step by step instructions to help.

I also hope I posted in the place because it's the first time i even do this!

Thank you and hopping someone can help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android remote won't recognize user name and password0