• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
mark007 Wrote:Will try this out, but the only slowdowns I notice atm with aeon65 are during the initial 2-3 seconds, the animation where the horizontal selection bar moves into view. It gives a nice few judders. I don't know if this is an xbmc problem because of largish movie library or aeon65 but cpu / gpu usage is very low so I doubt its my machine thats too slow.

Cheers to all of you guys for these beautiful skins. Pity similiarish aeon skins like this and aeon65 couldn't be merged into one with all of you developers making one super duper skin Smile

I know if I switch to this skin, that alot of the small feature requests I put into aeon65 recently and which were implemented by pix / phil, which I have become accustomed to, will not be found in these newer skins etc...

wait a week, then the skins won´t be that similar anymore Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Wink 
Linus82 Wrote:One quick question, how do i activate banner mode for tv-shows?
Is it available from start or do i have to do something more?

Go to settings, visualizations, TV Shows, set mode WIDE, done.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Wanilton Wrote:Go to settings, visualizations, TV Shows, set mode WIDE, done.

Tried that yesterday, but i just got a big 16:9 image and a Big list Confused
Ok, I finally gave this a run through yesterday and I really did not see any improvements. I turned on all the views and their is still the regular delay when going into a video library, except he hides the black screen by holding the background image in place.

I found a large amount of texture misalignments and overlaps. A huge butcher job to my large list. Lists that have different focused animations....where is the consistencyHuhPeople continue to destroy what was once an amazing skin. Design choices are so far gone from what Aeon was intended to look like and then overlaced with bad animations and pointless options (ie. the animation to shift the icons off screen to the right when the menu bar comes inHuh? It looks horrible!)

I hate to be the overly critical one, but I have spent countless hours in Aeon xmls to create Legacy Dark and I hate to see what I once thought was a beautiful piece of work get dragged down.
phil65 Wrote:The black screens are caused by the windowopen/windowclose fanart animations (it looks better with a black screen between the windows IMO, otherwise you have a hard fanart transition), the delay in Aeon65 is the pretty much the same as in Aeon MQ 2 (just measured that, I accelerated the animations of course)

I'm tested too.
And the Aeon MQ 2 is a little faster than Aeon 65 Dharma compatible.
My collection has more than 200 movies and in Aeon MQ the movie view open in a one second, on Aeon 65 open in ~2/3 seconds.

Linus82 Wrote:One quick question, how do i activate banner mode for tv-shows?
Is it available from start or do i have to do something more?

Go to left menu on the "Miniature" choose "WIDE" or "BANNER".

Have fun.

ekim232 Wrote:Ok, I finally gave this a run through yesterday and I really did not see any improvements. I turned on all the views and their is still the regular delay when going into a video library, except he hides the black screen by holding the background image in place.

I do not know if he understood, but leave a little faster the skin, it left only 1 or 2 views enabled at the same time in each category. If you enable more than 2, which is not really necessary as you decide which to use and is not changing all the time. You will receive a warning that will be slow. If you let up two enabled to view films or TV shows for example, you see that is much faster to enter the collection, out, etc..

On the menu, the mod is by Marcos and he does what he wants and if you want the menu on the old standard, just go into settings and disable "horizonz bar" that will have the old style menu.

Hope that helps.
Great effort. Its fast on my Revo and I really like this mod overall. Thanks MQ. You have supporters out here!
I agree with fabianosan, aeonmq is much faster and efficient than Aeon65, surely it is not just cosmetic effect.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
fabianosan Wrote:I'm tested too.
And the Aeon MQ 2 is a little faster than Aeon 65 Dharma compatible.
My collection has more than 200 movies and in Aeon MQ the movie view open in a one second, on Aeon 65 open in ~2/3 seconds.

You probably didn´t change the effectslowdown tags in the addons.xmls to 0.01 or something like that, did you? I´m 100% sure that there isn´t really a difference between the times the windows change.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Friends, "my skin" is based on the earlier version of the phil65.
Also I made some for Aeon65 included the mod ADD-ON which left Aeon65 be Dharma Compatible.
From there I decided to go my own way, despite the skins are alike in some points the xmls run by different paths, it would be too much work to unify the skins since each has a different concept.

I believe there will never be perfect skin, always have someone who saw something in another skin and will want to bring here.
Nor do I intend to make a clone of Aeon65, as I said I have other concepts but of course if it is to implement something cool can be done, but my way.

To complement would say to phil65 that I admire your work and thanks to him that all this was possible.

Best regards.
ekim232 Wrote:Ok, I finally gave this a run through yesterday and I really did not see any improvements. I turned on all the views and their is still the regular delay when going into a video library, except he hides the black screen by holding the background image in place.

I found a large amount of texture misalignments and overlaps. A huge butcher job to my large list. Lists that have different focused animations....where is the consistencyHuhPeople continue to destroy what was once an amazing skin. Design choices are so far gone from what Aeon was intended to look like and then overlaced with bad animations and pointless options (ie. the animation to shift the icons off screen to the right when the menu bar comes inHuh? It looks horrible!)

I hate to be the overly critical one, but I have spent countless hours in Aeon xmls to create Legacy Dark and I hate to see what I once thought was a beautiful piece of work get dragged down.

If you can do better than this, please, we're waiting.
pigeldi Wrote:Looks nice, but I am missing more than those two layouts or the option to have smaller covers in the showcase view, so that I see more movies on screen.
When I deinstalled the skin your repository is still there in XBMC. How do I get rid of that?

So how do I get rid of the repository?
MarcosQui Wrote:If you can do better than this, please, we're waiting.

I can do better and I have done better. If I simply threw an Aeon homepage on Legacy Dark I would be miles ahead of you again.
Excuse my English ...
I really like the skin, but I have a problem with the series & multiwall

Has a solution?

Thanks
Thumbs Down 
ekim232 Wrote:I can do better and I have done better. If I simply threw an Aeon homepage on Legacy Dark I would be miles ahead of you again.

Friend, what you get to come on the topic of another user, to criticize his work? You got problems? Are you sick or is lacking?

Go find a girlfriend to kiss and take care of you work in your topics, if not like the skin or work of the user Marcos, just ignore this and stay on, who talks more is because they're jealous.

This is very ugly.

I deserve it!
Each appears to me.
I would just ignore the comments of someone who threw a complete hissy fit and pulled all his work because someone dared to talk back to him...you keep going mate and do it your way ...as far as i can see you have been really polite and have tried to make some improvements...if he doesnt like it..then thats his choice only this time he cant pull it because he has nothing to do with it...way to go Marcos ...keep going ..my hats off to you...dont get involved in a flame fight with him...just ignore he will go away soon enuf..
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232