• 17(current)
Jerky playback Dharma B2 and SVN /Ion
Well I had temporarily stopped looking at this because my knowledge of how to add output lines into the iterator loops within CGUITextLayout::RenderOutline was holding me back. It is there that I witness in the example case I was using that the border font processing was taking 100ms first time in. Now preloading was my plan to workaround but if different accented characters and fonts also cause additional delays then I guess my plan won't work very well. Hmm...and also interesting that it appears to be a new problem, and perhaps only related to ion2 vdpau - I need more testing to try to help, but I have been tied up with non-xbmc things...hopefully soon I will get back into it if no-one else can solve.
I'm on ION and Windows 7, so it is definitely not VDPAU only. Smile I also experienced this. It is most annoying with forced subs, which appear only rarely during the movie. If the subtitles are not presented for some time, the first subtitle will cause a small stutter. I have not yet experienced stuttering from accented characters however.
I would just like to thank you, TheSwissKnife, for all of your work in this area Smile The various video stuttering issues are HUGE annoyances to me and many other users and it's nice to know someone is still on the case.
Yes, definitiely a huge thank you for trying to track down the causes. Smile
maruchan Wrote:I would just like to thank you, TheSwissKnife, for all of your work in this area Smile The various video stuttering issues are HUGE annoyances to me and many other users and it's nice to know someone is still on the case.

Quote:Yes, definitiely a huge thank you for trying to track down the causes

Don't mention it, but the dev @bobo1on1 needs to get the bulk of the credit since he seems very quick to assist when I am bumbling around.

If anyone is interested I will share my modded version of xbmc when I get a chance. It is currently Linux oriented but I did that because I am more familiar with it, so I could learn xbmc internals more quickly. I will at some stage take the leap into the Windows build and dxva. At present I have it oriented towards zero stutter video with audio lip-sync targetted to within 10ms of video, even with the troublesome AC3 24p files that often end up with large (perhaps even 50ms+) lipsync issues with trunk. The downside is that this is at the expense of the audio which I adjust to match the video just after any interruptions (which typically means some silence added or one or two drop/dupe audio packets). Additionally I have only tested with m2ts and mkv file container formats so far.
Hm, I thought we already fixed outline rendering.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Hm, I thought we already fixed outline rendering.

Since when - I am not using the latest svn yet due to the large number of modifications I have to merge. So perhaps if you think it has been fixed in the last month or so I will take a look.
I'm not sure when that happened, maybe it was a different issue.
@TheSwissKnife
Thanks also from my side! I would be very interested in your fixed version
Quote:If anyone is interested I will share my modded version of xbmc when I get a chance. It is currently Linux oriented but I did that because I am more familiar with it, so I could learn xbmc internals more quickly. I will at some stage take the leap into the Windows build and dxva. At present I have it oriented towards zero stutter video with audio lip-sync targetted to within 10ms of video, even with the troublesome AC3 24p files that often end up with large (perhaps even 50ms+) lipsync issues with trunk. The downside is that this is at the expense of the audio which I adjust to match the video just after any interruptions (which typically means some silence added or one or two drop/dupe audio packets). Additionally I have only tested with m2ts and mkv file container formats so far.

have you got a version for windows using dxva? If so, where can I get it?

m0bbed
I'm not sure that stutter is related to accented characters, it was just a thought as it generally happens more often when anything in italics appear and italics (accented) characters are not usually cached at that moment yet. Normal font lags much less, mostly only when first subtitles are being displayed.
I have only a 32-bit linux build at present as I have not attempted to setup a Window build environment. I have started to find some time to look into my open issues...

1. audio stream change resulting in initial 7 second discrepancy between video and audio
EDIT - I can see quickly this is caused by CDVDPlayer:: CheckPlayerInit() which uses current.dts as a audio resync which is about 7-8 seconds ahead of current playing audio. I need to work out what is the best to fix this bug.
2. ff/rw not smooth on video, and a/v sync fluctuates too much during
3. possibly try to mute rather than do packet silence (to avoid the pause-play audio stutter) - not sure this is a good idea though
4. subtitles blocking video renderer (stutter)
5. seek when paused not displaying still frame for new seek position
6. test with other material (and refreshrates) eg interlaced, various fps, etc
7. try to add frame-by-frame, slow-mo, etc
Anyone know if the only sensible way to get the demuxer to go back the 7-8 seconds for the audio is to do a full seek resulting in video seek too?

EDIT: Results are ok with a demuxer seek but of course not great a seek is not very exact and creates an obvious stutter. Better than 7 seconds of resyncing though I think.
Back again! But it seems I am not the only one who has not had much time lately. Has there really been no updates to trunk for 6 weeks? I want to sync my tweaks to the latest before I get going again.
Regarding these bugs, no updates afaik, subtitles caching is most annoying one for me as it stutters even with 720p videos. I really wish you can track it down and incorporate fix. Thumbs up!
TheSwissKnife Wrote:Back again! But it seems I am not the only one who has not had much time lately. Has there really been no updates to trunk for 6 weeks? I want to sync my tweaks to the latest before I get going again.

Hi,

They changed to git now. You can fin them on github:
https://github.com/xbmc
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky playback Dharma B2 and SVN /Ion0