Anyone with a Yamaha RX-V361 receiver or similar?
davidw Wrote:Hi,

I have a RX-V461 and had the same problem after upgrading to Dharma Beta.

Now I reinstalled the whole system (minimum Ubuntu Server installation and Dharma Beta 2 10.00~svn33778-lucid1) and it seems to work. Maybe the upgrade was the problem.

Cheers,
David
Bad news for me - my receiver has still the issues - but now it happens sometimes when I view youtube videos via the Youtube addon Oo

I can't find a firmware for my device. Do you really believe it's a receiver problem? Why did this never happen before (I use xbmc two years now with this receiver!)!?
davidw Wrote:Bad news for me - my receiver has still the issues - but now it happens sometimes when I view youtube videos via the Youtube addon Oo
Now I recall I found the very same thing using RX-V465 - there were no sound for You-Tube. Rest of the things (mp3, movies etc.) seem to be file though. I can't remember if actually I tried DTS soundtrack but I think it didn't work. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
For me the sound is working - but when I press "pause" and will then play further it happens that the receiver hangs Huh
Yamaha RX-V363
the same trouble: after pause (buffering...) resume without audio
receiver hangs (cant even turn it off)

It's happened after updating XBMC to Dharma release
I have an RX-V367 with no noticeable issues thus far.
it's occurs exclusively when playing video with audio not passthrough-ed (mp3 and so on)
with ac3/dts - all right
I've got an RX-V361 amp, and have recently installed XBMC 11.0

I was getting these amp lockups and this firmware update most definitely fixed it.

I had a 100% repro case which was a video on Navi-X which had the HBO static logo. The logo caused a lot of chugging, which caused the audio to break up, which would crash my amp. This was 100% repeatable.

The update took my amp from version L063 to M063, and so far, so good.

It took a few attempts to get the update loaded, but eventually it got there.

It would count through the addresses, and then randomly stop at some point. I found if I ejected the CD, and then just played it again (no power cycling) the amp would restart the flash process.

Thanks all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone with a Yamaha RX-V361 receiver or similar?0