Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33/34 (Atom D525, ION2, BD, etc)
Cthugha Wrote:Order placed! Big Grin

Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR + Corsair 2GB DDR2 + OCZ Agility2 40GB SSD

To begin, I'll use the official Android xbmc remote app on my HTC Desire. Maybe a Harmony in the future, but why are all the current models so damn ugly?

ZBOX Media Center => ZBMC Wink

Agree - surely an all-black / limited bright lights option is a gimme...

A couple of general queries that aren't clear to me:

(1) 5.1 surround sound through HDMI is a must for me - can someone clarify if this is achievable through windows and/or xbmc linux live?

(2) Remote control - tempted to buy a Logitech Harmony One but understand it only has a IR emitter - if I want to control this device using the One I assume I need to buy an IR USB receiver - can anyone recommend a cheap/small/discrete suitable one that works with both windows and ideally xbmc linux live?

Thanks!
leo Wrote:Anyone had any success with suspend of HD-ID33/34? I get mine to suspend but it awakes right after that on its own. Using official 10.0 release of XBMC with XBMCLive installation. Can't figure out what is waking it up..
For me, a review of the error logs showed that the USB3.0 bus interface refused to go into hibernation. USB1 and 2 speed interfaces worked fine.

As i had no need for USB3 speeds i disabled it. After that everything worked.

Can't find my notes on how i did this, but Google was the research engine.

Hope this helps
PtolemyIV Wrote:Agree - surely an all-black / limited bright lights option is a gimme...

A couple of general queries that aren't clear to me:

(1) 5.1 surround sound through HDMI is a must for me - can someone clarify if this is achievable through windows and/or xbmc linux live?

Thanks!

(1) You can passthrough AC-3 / DTS via Optical or HDMI in Windows and Live
I hate to resurrect an old thread but have a few questions and thought I would start here from someone that may have it. I currently have the HD-ID33 and have Eden 11 live installed. My issue is with audio. 1) my menu does not produce audio, I can live with that. 2) Audio works fine for all playback (dts, dolby, ac3, etc) however my audio will slowly go off sync from the video (after about 10 min the audio and video are not synced). The audio will then go dead for a second and come back on synced. Any ideas?
Please provide some more info. Windows or Linux? HDMI audio?

Still running my ZBOX and still happy with it Smile I switched from Linux to Windows 7 and everything has worked since (including blu-ray). Just upgraded to Windows 8 RTM and XBMC 12 Alpha 6 and that works really great too! (just one small problem with auto launching XBMC, but I'm confident that will be solved soon)
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
Sorry, I did forget some info.

I was using the XBMCBuntu image (Tried Openelec but have a lot more issues). I have the issue with both HDMI audio and using the optical. I was thinking of going to Windows 7 but thought the xbmcbuntu would be more streamlined.

I may give windows 7 a try if you are saying it works great. I have an extra ssd drive so I can give it a try without messing with to much.

(2012-10-06, 19:57)Cthugha Wrote: Please provide some more info. Windows or Linux? HDMI audio?

Still running my ZBOX and still happy with it Smile I switched from Linux to Windows 7 and everything has worked since (including blu-ray). Just upgraded to Windows 8 RTM and XBMC 12 Alpha 6 and that works really great too! (just one small problem with auto launching XBMC, but I'm confident that will be solved soon)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33/34 (Atom D525, ION2, BD, etc)0