Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33/34 (Atom D525, ION2, BD, etc)
ItzMar Wrote:Glad to hear!
I was thinking about getting this box and do the same as you (ssd+ram).
Noise level would have been my main quibble, how loud is it noise wise while playing a bluray? As the reason I want this model is that it can replace my ps3 that just yellow lighted on me. The ps3 was super quiet.

i havent tried play a blu on it yet. I have to figure out hot to integrate power dvd into xbmc as xbmc doesnt support blu yet

Been doing some searching and it doesnt look like there is a way to install Cyberlink's PowerDVD on this machine with XBMC Live as the O.S. Looks like i'll be holding on to my Pioneer BR player after all.
Cthugha Wrote:Maybe this guide can help? It's about the HD-ID11 but should be similar...
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...BOXHD-ID11

How is the noise level during idle, playback, etc? Build quality?

Hopefully I'll get mine before the weekend...

i've seen a couple of guides like this. I have no idea what I'm looking at lol. Thanks anyway.
jz1276 Wrote:i've seen a couple of guides like this. I have no idea what I'm looking at lol. Thanks anyway.

Same boat I'm in with the Jetway ION2 box - I'm a windows man so these guides are jibberish to me.... what is sudo? where do I type it in? DOS prompt! Laugh I cant get any Dharma Live build to even load on that let alone get audio working via HDMI or SPDIF so I have to use windows which isnt HTPC software for me... so I use Xbox alot.
I found another problem with this thing. I have many albums that have 5.1 audio whether they are flac or wav, whatever, which all used to play fine IN DOLBY DIGITAL on my xbox with XBMC. Now, none of them will play. With the wav files i get nothing but white noise and with the flac files i get downmixed to stereo.
My HD-ID33BR has arrived today Smile Hopefully I'll find some time this weekend to install it.

Maybe try the XBMCFreak LiveCD instead of normal XBMC Live? It has updated drivers installed and a few things pre-configured. I've never used it myself but I think I'll start with that on my box.

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/
Box up and running Nod

For what it's worth I got hdmi audio working (2.0 to my TV, haven't hooked it up to the reciever yet) by setting audio output device and passthrough output device to "HDA NVidia hdmi" (in settings => system => audio output).

I used XBMCFreak LiveCD 10 B2 T2 to install and so far everything is working.

And I can confirm that it's very quiet during normal use and during movie playback Cool
(only tested 720p & 1080p mkv-files so far)

Does anyone know if the XBMC remote app for Android is supposed to work with v10/Dharma?
Cthugha Wrote:Box up and running Nod

For what it's worth I got hdmi audio working (2.0 to my TV, haven't hooked it up to the reciever yet) by setting audio output device and passthrough output device to "HDA NVidia hdmi" (in settings => system => audio output).

And I can confirm that it's very quiet during normal use and during movie playback Cool

Does anyone know if the XBMC remote app for Android is supposed to work with v10/Dharma?

You installed Windows on it right?
jz1276 Wrote:You installed Windows on it right?

Not based on his comments, he is using linux.
Cthugha Wrote:Box up and running Nod

hey let me know if you get 5.1 sound when you connect it to your receiver.
Hey Cthugha thanks a lot for turning me onto the Freak idea. HDMI is now working.
jz1276 Wrote:Hey Cthugha thanks a lot for turning me onto the Freak idea. HDMI is now working.

No problem Smile Glad to hear it's working now.

I have two remaining issues with my setup, but I haven't had too much time to look into them yet...
- Suspend doesn't work (xbmc just reboots when I select it)
- How can I enable WoL (wake on lan)?

Everything seems ok in BIOS and XBMC settings so I guess it's Linux related...

What is a good/average boot-up time for XBMC Live and this kind of setup?

Btw, the official Android remote app works perfectly Smile
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
Cthugha Wrote:No problem Smile Glad to hear it's working now.

I have two remaining issues with my setup, but I haven't had too much time to look into them yet...
- Suspend doesn't work (xbmc just reboots when I select it)
- How can I enable WoL (wake on lan)?

Btw, the official Android remote app works perfectly Smile

Sorry, cant help you out with any of that.
Mine seems to boot up pretty quick... around 20 seconds
Anyone else who can help? (suspend and WoL)

20 secs really? Mine takes ~40 secs from the moment I push the power-button until the xbmc home-screen is shown... :/
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
Cthugha Wrote:Anyone else who can help? (suspend and WoL)

20 secs really? Mine takes ~40 secs from the moment I push the power-button until the xbmc home-screen is shown... :/

sorry i dont know where i got 20 from i just times mine and it took 50 to boot to home screen
Exclamation 
Cthugha Wrote:- How can I enable WoL (wake on lan)?

If your using XBMCFreak live CD, you will have to go to the CLI via Putty or which ever client and enable WOL.

Use this guide and you will get it working. I have an Acer Revo running XBMCFreak live CD and it works for me.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=234588

I am looking to switch to the Zotac as I find the revo struggles with some H.264 videos (e.g. Avatar) but I would really love a dedicated remote control for the unit. I am currently using the XBMC iphone app and it does work very well, but it means i need to have the phone always around.

EDIT: If you are using an iphone, etc you can download the free WOL app called "Netawake" which will wake the HTPC so you dont have to get out of your chair Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33/34 (Atom D525, ION2, BD, etc)0