Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33/34 (Atom D525, ION2, BD, etc)
jz1276 Wrote:sorry i dont know where i got 20 from i just times mine and it took 50 to boot to home screen

Which HDD and XBMC build? I would imagine with a SSD and XBMCFreak live CD it should be about 30 seconds (not including BIOS load time).
phez Wrote:If your using XBMCFreak live CD, you will have to go to the CLI via Putty or which ever client and enable WOL.

Use this guide and you will get it working. I have an Acer Revo running XBMCFreak live CD and it works for me.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=234588

I am looking to switch to the Zotac as I find the revo struggles with some H.264 videos (e.g. Avatar) but I would really love a dedicated remote control for the unit. I am currently using the XBMC iphone app and it does work very well, but it means i need to have the phone always around.

EDIT: If you are using an iphone, etc you can download the free WOL app called "Netawake" which will wake the HTPC so you dont have to get out of your chair Smile
Thanks, I'll try that guide tonight.
Do you know how to fix/enable suspend also?

The official XBMC remote app for Android has built-in WOL Big Grin I haven't tested it yet but there's a button for it and I've read that it should work.

phez Wrote:Which HDD and XBMC build? I would imagine with a SSD and XBMCFreak live CD it should be about 30 seconds (not including BIOS load time).
Mine takes ~40 secs including BIOS (with SSD and Beta 2) so that should be pretty normal?
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
I followed that guide to enable WoL in Linux but still can't get it working. I've also tried disabling quick boot in BIOS and enabling the onboard NIC boot agent in BIOS... Any suggestions?

Verified that the Android XBMC app can send WoL magic packets Smile Would be great to get it working on the box!

Also, suspend is still not working Sad I'm going to try reinstalling XBMCFreak since they just released a newer version (10.00 Beta 2 T3) with some fixes related to suspend/resume. http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
Cthugha Wrote:I followed that guide to enable WoL in Linux but still can't get it working. I've also tried disabling quick boot in BIOS and enabling the onboard NIC boot agent in BIOS... Any suggestions?

Verified that the Android XBMC app can send WoL magic packets Smile Would be great to get it working on the box!

Also, suspend is still not working Sad I'm going to try reinstalling XBMCFreak since they just released a newer version (10.00 Beta 2 T3) with some fixes related to suspend/resume. http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en

Check out the wiki:

XBMCbuntu (minimal setup + tips)

Ubuntu Suspend/Wake

Ubuntu Wake on LAN. Which is overly complex, I just add "ethtool -s eth0 wol g" to /etc/rc.local.
Thought I should cross-post in here in case someone else is having the same issue as me. XBMCFreak 10.00 beta2 T3 installed on my ZBOX HD-ID34, I couldn't get audio working over HDMI to my Panasonic HDTV regardless of what settings I used.

Eventually I did:

I sent the audio output device and passthrough device to custom, and used plughw:1,7 as the custom setting to use SPDIF 2 on the card (you may find 1,3 1,8 or 1,9 work for you).

My TV only has 2 speakers so I used 2.0 speaker config, and disabled AC3 and DTS since TV doesn't support them.

I also went into the command prompt and ran "alsamixer", hit F6 and switched to the Nvidia soundcard, then used the arrows and M to unmute all of the spdifs (not sure if you *need* to do this).

If you want to test on the command line to make sure it's not a media or xbmc settings problem, you can run "speaker-test -Dplughw:1,7 -t sine" to get alsa to output test sound for you on that SPDIF - obviously change the -D value to change which spdif you're trying.
Hey guys, first time poster..

Is anyone having issue with 1080p content and pauses on this platform? My ID34BR has win7, 4gb ram, and factory 250GB boot drive.. I've tried 720p mkv.. works great.. 1080p of the exact same movie (and others) is unwatchable.. I noticed the issue first playing from Drobo FS over the network.. Assumed it was a network issue and low and behold same content played locally gives me the same issue. In my test i used both XBMC latest stable, and also just straight VLC for the playback.. same issue on both.

Great hardware.. hope it can do 1080p.. If not.. anyone wanna buy my ID34BR ?

As a side note, I can play exact same content on my old 2008 Mac Pro over the network.. no pauses.. picture perfect in vlc.. if I play it in PLEX on the mac.. no go... pauses like crazy.
Welcome!

Hang in there, the hardware can definitely handle 1080p material. But what format is the movie? (download the gspot-tool and run it)
I haven't tested Windows+XBMC on my HD-ID33BR yet but it should work at least as good as on other Atom/ION boxes.
You have enabled hardware acceleration, right? Which version of XBMC?
bvark Wrote:Thought I should cross-post in here in case someone else is having the same issue as me. XBMCFreak 10.00 beta2 T3 installed on my ZBOX HD-ID34, I couldn't get audio working over HDMI to my Panasonic HDTV regardless of what settings I used.

Eventually I did:

I sent the audio output device and passthrough device to custom, and used plughw:1,7 as the custom setting to use SPDIF 2 on the card (you may find 1,3 1,8 or 1,9 work for you).

My TV only has 2 speakers so I used 2.0 speaker config, and disabled AC3 and DTS since TV doesn't support them.

I also went into the command prompt and ran "alsamixer", hit F6 and switched to the Nvidia soundcard, then used the arrows and M to unmute all of the spdifs (not sure if you *need* to do this).

If you want to test on the command line to make sure it's not a media or xbmc settings problem, you can run "speaker-test -Dplughw:1,7 -t sine" to get alsa to output test sound for you on that SPDIF - obviously change the -D value to change which spdif you're trying.

if you used the latest xbmc freak version, hdmi wont work unless you add a code to Linux (which im not sure of). I used the version previous to the latest one and it works.

Only problem I have is xbmc not remembering the video calibration settings.
Cthugha Wrote:Welcome!

Hang in there, the hardware can definitely handle 1080p material. But what format is the movie? (download the gspot-tool and run it)
I haven't tested Windows+XBMC on my HD-ID33BR yet but it should work at least as good as on other Atom/ION boxes.
You have enabled hardware acceleration, right? Which version of XBMC?

Thanks for the help cthugha! I'll run gspot-tool tonight and report back but I did try several different mkv's which I guess could all be the same format. So we will find out. I didn't know I had to force hardware acceleration will try that also. Xbmc is 9.11 if I remember right... More later thanks again!

Scott
scottyb Wrote:Thanks for the help cthugha! I'll run gspot-tool tonight and report back but I did try several different mkv's which I guess could all be the same format. So we will find out. I didn't know I had to force hardware acceleration will try that also. Xbmc is 9.11 if I remember right... More later thanks again!

Scott

You need to upgrade to a newer version of xbmc that supports hardware acceleration, download the dharma beta2 release.
prae5 Wrote:You need to upgrade to a newer version of xbmc that supports hardware acceleration, download the dharma beta2 release.

Good call.. I upgraded and same issue. On the playback menu this time I noticed the option to use hardware acceleration, selected that and still had the same issue.. I tried to select "FULL" hw acceleration like I would on any other Windows 7 system, but that option was gray.. In the ION control panel I noticed my 3d setting was set for "Quality" and not performance. I figured really high quality frames that pause like this is not so high quality and so moved the slider all the way over to the performance side.. STILL.. no change

About to give up I noticed that the "Play fullscreen in window" option was on.. unselected that and all of the sudden the studdering mess of a movie playing in the background started working perfectly.

VLC still shows pauses.. but XBMC is working flawlessly. So I am now playing full 1080p via network share (Drobo FS, 8TB Usable) which is connected by gigabit ethernet.

Now I need to get Showmix running on Dharma and assuming the ID34BR can handle that well Im very happy with this thing as a HTPC.

Thanks for the help guys!

-Scott
Make sure you enable DDS Fanarts too - will make loading images / background /etc... much faster as it will use the gpu for that too.
Can anyone tell me how much noise the ID33/34 does generate? How calm is it? What HDD do you use?
Phlogi Wrote:Can anyone tell me how much noise the ID33/34 does generate? How calm is it? What HDD do you use?

not very loud at all.. i can barely hear from about 2-3 meters away if everything in the room is silent (mine hasn't been switched of for 3 weeks so far).

i use an OCZ Vertex 40GB SSD drive in mine
Anyone had any success with suspend of HD-ID33/34? I get mine to suspend but it awakes right after that on its own. Using official 10.0 release of XBMC with XBMCLive installation. Can't figure out what is waking it up..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33/34 (Atom D525, ION2, BD, etc)0