is someone working on a Windows Phone 7 Remote Application?
I wonder if there is someone currently working on a XBMC Remote for the upcoming Windows Phone 7.

If someone is already working on it, I would like to help to build such an application instead of starting from the scratch.
Didn't the dev tools for Phone 7 only get released a few days ago?
YodaEXE Wrote:Didn't the dev tools for Phone 7 only get released a few days ago?

DUH... it should be done by now then! Rofl

There are millions of Windows Phone 7 phones just begging to to be used as XBMC remotes (*disclaimer: once they are actually sold to the public)

... there is no time to waste...

and while you're at it how about making it WebOS compatible too for the upcoming HP tablets. Can you finish this by the weekend? Laugh
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I am interesting in this project as well and was looking to start soon. Any other developer interested? It should be fairly easy.
I've made some solid progress on this tonight - It's going to require major refactoring of xbmc-json lib to do everything asynchronously (Win Phone 7 enforces async requirements). Will hopefully have it done within a day or so. I'll PM you when it's done hello_man and we can start collaborating Smile
XBMC Remote7 an XBMC library browser/remote for Windows Phone 7.
Xbmc-Json a .NET XBMC JSON API Library.
Xbmc-Remote-Control a .NET based XBMC library browser and remote for Windows, Linux and OS X.
I just went looking for some information regarding widget support and windows mobile and according to windowsteamblog.com windows mobile 6.5 already has w3c widget support. As a result, should windows 7 not also have this support?

The reason I'm asking is because it would allow a concerted effort to actually create a widget-based client that can easily be ported to WebOS, and even more easily run on Windows and Symbian (that means 1 client for at least 3 platforms!). Not sure if anybody here is remotely interrested though, it would mean no vendor-locking and .Net Sad
Asynchronous goodness - Fully threaded which means the UI is always responsive Smile

Still a lot of work to do...
Xbmc-Remote-Control a .NET based XBMC library browser and remote for Windows, Linux and OS X.
Making solid progress now - Bed time then will work on movies/tvshows. I wonder if these phones will be very popular...

Finally got the structure/flow of everything sorted, just need to rewrite the old code now - And read up about WP7 interface design lol Smile

cool man.. that was fast. Let me know how I can help.. Windows phone 7 are going to be available soon and all the demos looks really good.
mreuring Wrote:I just went looking for some information regarding widget support and windows mobile and according to windowsteamblog.com windows mobile 6.5 already has w3c widget support. As a result, should windows 7 not also have this support?

The reason I'm asking is because it would allow a concerted effort to actually create a widget-based client that can easily be ported to WebOS, and even more easily run on Windows and Symbian (that means 1 client for at least 3 platforms!). Not sure if anybody here is remotely interrested though, it would mean no vendor-locking and .Net Sad

based on what I know, windows phone 7 doesn't have backward compatibility and has much closed devleopment supoprt. The only development language is silverlight
Little 30 second demo Smile - I'm love using .Net much faster dev times compared to the iPhone. Also love the UX of WP7 it's extremely intuitive I think MS has perfected it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8NOWUg2m5o
Progress Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOYJoQbj9A
wow.. you are fast man.. It seems you wouldn't need any help.
How about more icons/images..
dstruktiv Wrote:Progress Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOYJoQbj9A

Wow! Nice job!

Maybe you should add a jump list?
http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/window...-list.aspx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is someone working on a Windows Phone 7 Remote Application?0