Movie titles missing when adding or refreshing library
I am having the exact same issue actually. I read somewhere that there is an issue with the IMDB scraper so I tried the moviedb scraper and I encountered the same issues as well.

Not sure whats going on?!

I wonder if its because we've already tried to scrape with IMDB, and this is why the other scraper is not updating the existing (broken) items. I will try modifying these items so they get picked up again by the different scraper tomorrow.

Thanks,

Nat
Been posted many times now - use the search function.
Question 
Hello guys,

My first post around here. I've been using XBMC for a while now and enjoyed it
big time. Imported all my movies with the IMDB scraper, went fine, apart from a few movies which couldn't be found. Anyway, I just re-imported all of my movies, new HDD, new location. I think I did the same thing as the first time but somehow no movie title is shown anymore, neither the duration of the movie, which i believe was shown as well, the first time. In the 'set content'/settings option I checked every box, except for the 2 poster options. I added a printscreen so you can see what the problem is.

Hope someone can help me out,

Thanks,

Jan
Hoekstraatje Wrote:Hello guys,

My first post around here. I've been using XBMC for a while now and enjoyed it
big time. Imported all my movies with the IMDB scraper, went fine, apart from a few movies which couldn't be found. Anyway, I just re-imported all of my movies, new HDD, new location. I think I did the same thing as the first time but somehow no movie title is shown anymore, neither the duration of the movie, which i believe was shown as well, the first time. In the 'set content'/settings option I checked every box, except for the 2 poster options. I added a printscreen so you can see what the problem is.

Hope someone can help me out,

Thanks,

Jan

Welcome to the forums!
If you would've searched or looked around you had found this topic.
Please read it to find the solution.
HI Olympia. I also have this problem, found this thread, read it all, and I still haven't found the solution (and it seems that I am not the only one).

Would you be so kind as to point us to a way that us noobs can fix the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance,

--AG
agarmend Wrote:Would you be so kind as to point us to a way that us noobs can fix the problem?

Here is what I did for xbmc on linux:

log into the box, either use a terminal (alt+ctrl+f1) or remote ssh, or an xterm if you've got that set up under a launcher

$ sudo su
# cd /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video/
# mv imdb.xml imdb.xml.old
# wget http://xbmchuscraper.googlecode.com/svn/...t/imdb.xml

Then go back to the GUI and for each item with a blank title, view movie information and hit refresh and hope you get a title.

But that didn't completely work for me, possibly a UK thing, who knows. So if those steps don't help try editing that imdb.xml file,

# nano imdb.xml

and change the line

<expression trim="1" noclean="1">&lt;h1&gt;([^&lt;]*)</expression>

to

<expression trim="1" noclean="1">&lt;h1[^&gt;]*&gt;([^&lt;]*)</expression>

(hit ctrl+X, say yes to save)

Don't panic if you mess up the file, just do a "rm imdb.xml" and the "wget" line again
ok still not working for me even after adding the new imdb scraper (tv scraping is still not working either)

i did notice this in the debug log:

Code:
15:11:00 T:3077425024 M:1838997504  NOTICE: UpdateLibraries - Starting video library startup scan
15:11:00 T:3077425024 M:1838870528   ERROR: Remove - Error removing /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/scrapers/
15:11:00 T:3077425024 M:1838870528   ERROR: Remove - Error removing special://temp/scrapers/
15:11:00 T:3077425024 M:1838592000   ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.DeviceKit.Power was not provided by any .service files
15:11:00 T:3077425024 M:1838592000   ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.DeviceKit.Power was not provided by any .service files

and here is the log when i try to add a new movie

http://pastebin.com/DTLPHtr6
Hi iamamoose,

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. I am embarrassed to say that I feel like an eighty year old person when reading it. I don't really understand most of what you wrote, but I am more than willing to learn. Please be patient with me. Here I go:

iamamoose Wrote:Here is what I did for xbmc on linux:

log into the box, either use a terminal (alt+ctrl+f1) or remote ssh, or an xterm if you've got that set up under a launcher

When you say "log into the box", do you mean "Open the XBMC program"? By the way, I am running XBMC on a Windows 7 machine. I really don't know what a terminal, ssh or xterm mean... **blushing**

iamamoose Wrote:$ sudo su
# cd /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video/
# mv imdb.xml imdb.xml.old
# wget http://xbmchuscraper.googlecode.com/svn/...t/imdb.xml

Really don't have a clue where to enter that code. However, I noticed that the last line mentions Camelot. I installed XBMC last week, so I may have the version after that. How can I know for sure what version I am running?

iamamoose Wrote:Then go back to the GUI and for each item with a blank title, view movie information and hit refresh and hope you get a title.

Do you have to do that for every single one? I have more than 1,000 movies in those discs. Entering the name for each one manually probably takes less than this solution, don't you think? (please remember the the scraper identifies everything, except the name -- cast, plot, poster, fanart, etc.)

iamamoose Wrote:But that didn't completely work for me, possibly a UK thing, who knows. So if those steps don't help try editing that imdb.xml file,

# nano imdb.xml

and change the line

to

(hit ctrl+X, say yes to save)

Don't panic if you mess up the file, just do a "rm imdb.xml" and the "wget" line again

I looked at the directory in which XBMC is installed, and I found two different imdb.xml. I opened both with "notepad" and only one of them had the line above. I changed it as suggested, and saved the file. Restarted XBMC, but nothing seems to have changed.

Thanks again for your patience with me on all this. It makes me feel better that it looks like I am not the only one with the problem... Huh

Thanks again,

--AG
agarmend Wrote:When you say "log into the box", do you mean "Open the XBMC program"? By the way, I am running XBMC on a Windows 7 machine. I really don't know what a terminal, ssh or xterm mean... **blushing**

Ah, my instructions will only work on the XBMC on Linux. I've never used XBMC on Windows so it would definately need someone else to help you Sad But once you get a working scraper if you've more than a dozen blank titles you probably would be just as well getting XBMC to rescrape everything from scratch.
the problem is IMDB has changed its site output and the old scraper can't find titles and other nfo.

to fix this you need to replace the file: imdb.xml with new xml

i fixed this last night with XBMC on apple tv and others say it works on other setups as well.

BTW, the apple tv path is: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/scrapers/video/imdb.xml

see this link for the how to:http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/communit...itles.html

===

ALSO do this (from earlier post in this thread):

Quote:Even with the new scraper installed I would sometimes get titles, and sometimes not. By looking with a browser from different IPs it seems that the site sometimes gives an slightly different view randomly.

Anyway a quick fix that gets titles from either view was to change the imdb.xml mentioned in this thread slightly, so line

becomes

more work will be needed to fix the runtime and tagline and so on, but the title is the most important.
ok so i followed the instructions to update the imdb/tvdb scraper, and instead of working... it got stuck at a screen called 'preparing' and then eventually xbmc will crash.

i had to revert back to my non-working scrapers. no idea what is going on.
I replaced the imdb.xml file that olympia linked to and it did enable me to properly scrape movie titles and other information from IMDB but now I'm not getting thumbs for any of these new titles.

I looked through the xml file and nothing jumped out at me... is there something wrong with the code related to the thumbs?
Also, I attempted to use another scraper but no matter which I select it still pulls from IMDB...
I am having the same problem. It was working just fine, no updates, nothing different done and one day I went to add a movie and it displays all the metadata, but wont display the actual title of the movie. I've refreshed the movie several times and finally got it to display the title, but its doing this with every new movie I add. It displays the fan art and plot with actors just fine. It just doesn't display the title name. so searching for a movie is impossible.
by the way I have the Camelot build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie titles missing when adding or refreshing library2