Movie titles missing when adding or refreshing library
olympia Wrote:https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...n/imdb.xml

You sir, are a gent.
I ran into this problem when trying to update my library on the 9.11 release.

I updated the IMDB scraper to deal with the new format. It seems to work well enough for me. As others have already said ... replace imdb.xml in system/scrapers/video with this one.

http://planetscott.ca/download/imdb.xml

Hope this helps.
Thumbs Up 
planetscott Wrote:I ran into this problem when trying to update my library on the 9.11 release.

I updated the IMDB scraper to deal with the new format. It seems to work well enough for me. As others have already said ... replace imdb.xml in system/scrapers/video with this one.

http://planetscott.ca/download/imdb.xml

Hope this helps.

Thank you, this helped to correct the error on my Windows 7 installation of XBMC on a brandnew ASUS eeePC. I downloaded XBMC (Camelot release) directly from the .org page. Strange that this is not corrected up to now. I am wondering how many user stumble here.
Thumbs Up 
planetscott Wrote:...As others have already said ... replace imdb.xml in system/scrapers/video with this one.

Hope this helps.

Sure did. I'm waiting until Dharma Final to upgrade, so in the meantime, it was nice to get my scraper working again. Even spent time trying to fix the regex's in imdb.xml myself, but I guess I screwed it up, because I never could get it working.

This works great. Thanks!
So I'm following olympia's advice and replacing the imdb.xml file with the updated version. However, when trying to do this on my XMBC Live install over FTP with Filezilla I get a Permission Denied error when attempting to copy the new file version into the folder. Is this possible to update via ftp?
No, you have to ssh in and do it manually on the console.

That will change in Dharma. All addons can be updated from within XBMC gui.
You should seriously consider to upgrade.
Thumbs Up 
ThY91 Wrote:Are you using the imdb scraper for movies?

If so you can fix that issue by updating your imdb scraper to version 1.0.15

Thank u so much, i was having the same problem with the imdb scraper where all my movie titles were blank (in the library) and your fix worked perfectly thanx

I didnt think it was going to b as easy as opening the imdb.xml with notepad and replacing it with the info from your link...now i just have to spend some more time scanning and recorrecting all 500 movies but at least i can have all my trailers back (thats why i didnt want to use any other scraper) with titles...i almost just edit the blank title for each movie just so i could keep the info and trailers intact...lol
thank u, thank u, thank u
olympia Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=608...stcount=66

thanx
Hi Everyone,

I am having the same issues with my XBMC. All my movie information downloads except for movie title. I have spent hours on the bulletin boards trying to find the solution.

I am running XBMX on ubuntu and I must say I am very very new to a unix platform, so trying to upgrade my scrapper, etc I tend to get lost.

Can one of you please walk me through, step by step on how to resolve my issue? I believe I have to update the IMBD.XML file but I can't find it.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks!
RonMarek Wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am having the same issues with my XBMC. All my movie information downloads except for movie title. I have spent hours on the bulletin boards trying to find the solution.

I am running XBMX on ubuntu and I must say I am very very new to a unix platform, so trying to upgrade my scrapper, etc I tend to get lost.

Can one of you please walk me through, step by step on how to resolve my issue? I believe I have to update the IMBD.XML file but I can't find it.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks!

You'd better to upgrade to Dharma.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie titles missing when adding or refreshing library2