XBMCbuntu - Installation hard time with 720p resolution tv
Hi i tried install the new XBMCbuntu eden b3 build an noticed something strange. When the installation started i noticed the screen resolution was all wrong. My TV only has 720P resolution "HD ready" and the menus where unclickable since the next buttons where out of screen.

I had no way to know where to click or could se the next, back, menus. I had to load a second installation on my laptop and count the "tabs" until i got the the next button. Clicking blindly but got throw after a while.

Is this something the devs are aware of or am i the only one?
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Same problem here. The install screen is the wrong resolution, everything is so small I can't figure out what to do.
Agreed. I installed it using my home's PC monitor first. Than moved it to my TV. But still am not the happiest as I have nvidia card built into the MB, and the resolution is still wrong.

I may be switching it back to a normal Ubuntu install, with XBMC on top of if.

I'm also having some LIRC issues with the remote.

I think XBMCUbuntu is a great idea. But it is a Beta, so we need to take it for what it is at this point.
I still beta, so I guess I'll try it next time around. For right now I use the dev build of Eden for openelec, on a USB thumb drive. Pretty solid right now.
Found an bugg report from igitur here
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12622

Hope to see this fixed before final eden build.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Was really keen to give Eden a try but getting this issue as well Sad

Not too Linux savvy and trying to boot from the disk. Can't read a damn thing...

Is there no key combination command that might be able to cycle through resolutions...?
I had the same issue when I tried to install 11.0. What was suggested to me was when you start up XBMC and see the little icons in the bottom center of the screen hit enter. After that follow the install to 120 x 120 install. Worked for me after I did that.

Link
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126453

(2012-03-28, 15:41)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: I had the same issue when I tried to install 11.0. What was suggested to me was when you start up XBMC and see the little icons in the bottom center of the screen hit enter. After that follow the install to 120 x 120 install. Worked for me after I did that.

Link
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126453

Was beginning to wonder how i was going to get this to work, i had already booted up VMware and checked if there were supposed to be buttons but for whatever reason "tabbing" across them wasn't working.

Thanks for that, i had noticed the purple screen with little icons but didn't realise it was a boot selection screen option. Now installing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu - Installation hard time with 720p resolution tv0