• 15(current)
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows
Just something else I figured out that might not be obvious to everyone ...

My (HP Model) MCE Remote doesn't have the 4 colored buttons, but they can still be assigned XBMC functions, and easily assigned to the Harmony ... since it's emulating a MCE Remote.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.
Hello,

I notice that the same question had been repeated by a few members without any replies. It seems that certain builds are missing this plugin (latest Openelec Eden build in my case). My earlier builds worked perfectly.

Is there anywhere that we can download the mceremote.zip file directly? All the original links seem to have been removed.

Thanks in advance.

Mo
moguy Wrote:Hello,

I notice that the same question had been repeated by a few members without any replies. It seems that certain builds are missing this plugin (latest Openelec Eden build in my case). My earlier builds worked perfectly.

Is there anywhere that we can download the mceremote.zip file directly? All the original links seem to have been removed.

Thanks in advance.

Mo

I'm running 10.1 . It was available for download inside XBMC, in the Add-ons section.

In v10.1, the MCE (RC-6) remote works pretty good in the basic stock install, but this Add-on really kicks it into high gear.

Sorry, I can't help with Eden ... I'm just learning the finer points of Dharma.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.
contentedbloke Wrote:Bump. Sorry if I'm troubling you all but can anyone help me?

You would need to see if your remote has learning capabilities and if it can emulate your "system" device (ie; your TV or your AV Receiver). XBMC and it's remote commands will not be able to control this.

Also, as a side-note: For those of you who cannot find this in the plug-in repositories is that because this is only compatible with Windows? I do not know if that is true or not, but my understanding is that this plug-in doesn't work with Live or Openelec or those guys (at least from what I've seen).
jhsrennie Wrote:I've just tried it, and it does stop you typing in a time.

You could either move the jumpsms mappings to whatever sections you want to use them, or you could add mappings for the number keys to the fullscreenvideo section e.g.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>backspace</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
      <two>Number2</two>
      <three>Number3</three>
      <four>Number4</four>
      <five>Number5</five>
      <six>Number6</six>
      <seven>backspace</seven>
      <eight>Number8</eight>
      <nine>Number9</nine>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

JR

thank you for this.
if i on my onkyo avr, i cant hold left/right button and continously scroll. if i turn off my onkyo avr, i can scroll by holding left/right button.

i dont know if this is the perfect place to ask, but ill ask anyway. mod can move my post to more appropriate place.

thanks.
Since installing this (I think), niether to arrows on my remote or my keyboard work to navigate in text/search windows. Any suggestions?
I'm puzzled, I have an HP HDX remote, I added 6e,00,00,00,01,cd,00 to a registry file and imported it to my registry so my play/pause button would work. I rebooted and it's still not detecting it when I use showkey20.exe

anyone who has this remote mind telling me what they did to get it working?

this is the key I put it under
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
"ReportMappingTable"=hex:\

Every other button on the remote gets a response in showkey. On this remote the play/pause is 1 hybrid button.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_reviews this is the link where it gave me the string to add to my registry
(2010-11-26, 19:12)jhsrennie Wrote:
kulprit Wrote:I never tried it in global jhsrennie. I thought this would stop it working when you type in a time stamp for a position in a movie. Will give it a go.

I've just tried it, and it does stop you typing in a time.

You could either move the jumpsms mappings to whatever sections you want to use them, or you could add mappings for the number keys to the fullscreenvideo section e.g.

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>backspace</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
      <two>Number2</two>
      <three>Number3</three>
      <four>Number4</four>
      <five>Number5</five>
      <six>Number6</six>
      <seven>backspace</seven>
      <eight>Number8</eight>
      <nine>Number9</nine>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

JR

Hi jhsrennie,

Thank you for this awesome plugin.

Before I had manually modified the registry settings on my main htpc to set it up properly and it was a pain. (Because as you know, out of the box mce remote's "info" button does not work for xbmc and there is no "context menu" button set up. And not to mention if you press the wrong button it fires up the annoying windows media center)

But for a secondary htpc, I just decided to use your plugin instead and I can't believe how easy it was. Great job.

The only feature I can suggest would be adding the functionality for setting up JumpSMS through the plugin as well. Although I understand it is more complicated than it sounds because the script would have to check and append the keyboard.xml if it already exists.

And just to confirm, there are three parts to getting JumpSMS to work correctly without breaking other functions. 1) adding the JumpSMSX mappings in Global, 2) adding NumberX mappings in fullscreenvideo (so you can enter a time to jump to during playback) and 3) adding NumberX mappings in virtualkeyboard (I believe this is necessary for the virtual keyboard to work properly with jumpsms set globally, I have had this in my keyboard.xml for years because at the time I believed it was required, but can't remember if I tested it extensively)

And also to others who were wondering, this addon worked just fine in Eden RC2 on win7x64; you just have to run xbmc as admin, but the addon reminds you to do that anyway.
Mo,

If you have a copy of Dharma, and go download the MCERemote from the official xbmc.org add-ons, you will find in window in %appdata%/xbmc/addons/packages the zip file in question.

I am curious whether this plugin works fine in Eden too., as XBMC is my primary tv viewing solution I am afraid to upgrade and break my setup which works perfectly under Dharma. This plugin is essential for my setup and this is the first thing I checked whether works or not in Eden.

Thadiyan

(2012-01-09, 05:02)moguy Wrote: Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Mo

(2012-03-25, 23:38)thadiyan Wrote: Mo,

If you have a copy of Dharma, and go download the MCERemote from the official xbmc.org add-ons, you will find in window in %appdata%/xbmc/addons/packages the zip file in question.

I am curious whether this plugin works fine in Eden too., as XBMC is my primary tv viewing solution I am afraid to upgrade and break my setup which works perfectly under Dharma. This plugin is essential for my setup and this is the first thing I checked whether works or not in Eden.

Thadiyan

(2012-01-09, 05:02)moguy Wrote: Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Mo

As far as I know, this plugin is for Windows only, as it modifies the windows registry keys to unbind the green button and others from windows specific actions like opening windows media center, remap certain keys, etc. That is probably why it is not showing up in openelec, because it is linux based, not windows.

With regards to Eden, I already confirmed a couple posts up that this plugin works just fine in Eden (under win of course). If you already installed this (and used it) in an earlier build, there would be no need to do it again, since it already patched your registry. Just upgrade to Eden and you'll be good to go. XBMC upgrade won't touch your ehome driver/mce registry entries. The only way you could mess it up is if you somehow uninstalled the ehome remote driver and reinstalled it. In that case you would just rerun the MCE plugin.
It seems like a new install of XBMC eden might treat an MCE-remote a little more sanely with a virgin registry unmodified by this plugin.
Can anyone tell me if this is the case? My setup is such a hackjob (left overs from years past) with this plugin mods on top, and then
harmony mods on top of that, that I yearn to wipe it all and start fresh.

But only if the default behaviour is better than it used to be. Is it usable? I saw MCE remote buttons in keyboard.xml on the wiki..

Can anyone comment?
well, the default behavior still sucks, for the one fact that a lot of the original buttons open up the annoying windows media center.

other than that, on my older generation hp remote, there was no context menu button set up, but most other keys worked.

I know what you mean about the hack job. that's exactly what I have on my main htpc. But on a new secondary one, I just used this plugin on a stock driver and it worked really well (95% roughly). The only issues are: 1) the enter button at the bottom still opens wmc and 2) I just realized there is still no context menu button set up. I am not sure if those are specific to the remote I have or not, but I haven't really investigated it yet.
I just setup a fresh install of xbmc eden on a Windows7 x64 system. I installed the mceremote add-on. Ran xbmc as an administrator and setup the registry entries. I also created the keyboard.xml. But when I start xbmc I dont think the keyboard keymap is being loaded into xbmc. I have attached the log of xbmc startup. Any help is appreciated, log: http://pastebin.com/g0JxYXEk
I also noticed that once I run the showkey application hitting the green windows button doesnt launch xbmc. I need to restart my computer for it to work.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows3