• 16(current)
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows
Thanks for this add-on. Just a suggestion to change the ReadMeFirst.txt line endings from LF to CR+LF for compatibility and especially so that when opened from XBMC in Notepad by default that it is easily readable.
Hi, I'm using eden and have a basic mce remote. I like this new feature as an add-on vs going through keyboard xml. I'd like to change one key but for some reason the change is not taking hold.

I want to change the #1 key on my mce remote to the 'tab' key - so i have quick access to now playing. However when I change to 'tab' or even 'Tab' in the addon, it doesnt seem to work. Any thoughts?
First off, I'd like to say this is bar none one of my favourite add-ons, it does what it needs to do and does it easily, no longer need to have other programs/services run in windows or try to hack the registry myself to make things work.

I recently had to reinstall windows (SSD crash / replaced, 3rd time) and XBMC, I put in Eden Stable 11.0 and used MCE add on at that time to make 4 changes to remote, which include the info button, live tv, tv guide and record buttons

Then I have 'upgraded' to the April monthly release,,,

I have noticed (but didn't go back to stable to verify) that I can't get fast scrolling to work (holding arrow button down on remote and zip through my lists) If i want the 85th entry on my list, I have to hit down 85 times or select the scroll bar and hit down like 8 times to get there,,

I use fast scrolling all the time and miss it,, is it something with the addon?

I have gone back and updated to most recent nightly then rolled back to eden stable, no go on this being fixed,,, I have also now noticed that none of my MCE remote buttons will 'hold' so if i have to turn the volume down 75%, i have to hit volume down a whole bunch of times.

Thanks!
I think the button layout found in this registry hack is far more useful.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179
please tell me you intend to update this for frodo i hope this will be still developed as it is by far the easiest and user friendly way to program an mce remote in windows i also use openelec which has the benefit of LIRC but this is my essential must have addon for a windows xbmc setup
hi
i've installed xbmcbuntu but several plugins / addons are missing.
ie i would strongly need mce remote support.
i cant find the zip file nowhere to install it manually.
or can you maybe tell me where are the addons gone? (several services, and programs are gone. ie transmission service)
cheers
gabor
First post...thanks so much for this add-on, truly the icing on the cake for a great program.

My question/issue has to do with video add-ons. I can navigate the xbmc menu no problem but once I go into one of my video add-ons I cant scroll the menu options until I click on the list with my mouse. Long story short, the video add on does not launch with the 'cursor' on the menu items and so the remote can't scroll.

(this is in windows vista and i have googled everything under the sun to find a solution)

Thanks in advance.
xbmc said today that the add-on was updated, is there a changelist somewhere?
What I don't understand is this: Why is it that the remote.xml that comes packaged with XBMC does not work with an MCE Remote? For instance, the 'info' button does not translate to an "info" command in XBMC or the '(DVD) menu' button does not translate to the "menu" command in XBMC. If you pore through the remote.xml in the userdata folder, none of these commands are intercepted by XBMC, UNLESS you modify the registry to issue keyboard commands and switch the setting in XBMC to accept keyboard commands from the remote.

I mean, what is the purpose of the remote.xml if it doesn't work at all (aside from a few HID-type commands) from the MCE remote?

Additionally, isn't it better to use an alternative such as Intelliremote to do the translation in real-time for only the commands which are NOT registered by XBMC with the default registry settings, instead of mucking around with modifying the registry? Seems much less invasive and more easily editable/reversable.

I do see that you can restore the original registry with the plug-in, but is the original mapping in the registry identical for all OS builds (XP, Win7, Win8)?
Tongue 
hi,
i am using the yatse great app for android to control my xbmc. but i can't leave my phone at home...
and my roomates want to use it as well. is there a simple way to put a specific file in a spesific folder and with no need to take a configuration course, to make my Sunwave SMR-140 remote work fine?
we just need that the info will be info and the vol will be vol et cetera, et cetera.....
please help us.
thank you very muchTongueCool
(2013-01-12, 15:10)efig Wrote: to make my Sunwave SMR-140 remote work fine?

If it's Windows RC6 (USB eHome) compatible, it should work on XBMC pretty good ... even without this plugin.

HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.
It is not working, so I guess It is not compatible with that.
Thank you.
(2013-01-12, 22:45)efig Wrote: It is not working, so I guess It is not compatible with that.
Thank you.

Ya, no Googling reveals it's RC6 compatible. Like some other remotes that also emulate a mouse, it appears to emulate a mouse and keyboard (instead of true RC6 ... aka Windows Media Center).

http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=564

Try turning on Setting/ System / Remote Control sends keyboard presses ... see if that helps.

Other than that ... well, if this was MediaPortal ... I would use EventGhost. Not sure what the accepted way is to "get weird remotes working in XBMC".

You could also just buy a real $20 RC6 remote.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
At the link you sent they talking about linux . What I need (maybe) it's about the same for windows.
There is no working link of keyboard.XML at my searches so far.
I know there are somewhere a few people that make thise remote work...
But, thanks dude
(2013-01-13, 00:06)efig Wrote: At the link you sent they talking about linux . What I need (maybe) it's about the same for windows.

Yes, Windows ... I know.

That link was only provided because ... the poster had identified that the Sunwave SMR-140 was really a HID keyboard/mouse emulating device ... not a RC6 remote. Ignore the Linux stuff.

Did you try the XBMC setting I mentioned above?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows3