texture.xbt vs folder priority
would it be possible to have images in folder have higher priority than texture.xbt. this way it's easier to replace flags to something u like better.

background: read this post and the two before
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
Sounds like a good idea to me if it is possible that is, it might not be related to the skin itself rather than how XBMC works with skins so I don't know.
Studio flags isn't a good enough reason to change this. Studio flags shouldn't be in the skin's Textures.xbt to begin with - they should instead be distributed by XBMC itself and then used in whatever skin you have.

Obviously this is not yet doable, but is a better solution to the problem.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well studio flags was just a test. maybe ppl would change any texture in a skin to something they like better.
also it mostly voids the entire point to textures.xbt. the whole point is to avoid having to work with the filesystem (+ save cpu cycles).
zwat Wrote:well studio flags was just a test. maybe ppl would change any texture in a skin to something they like better.

which is also the whole point of theme xbt's so you can add a new theme (redone textures) but still keep the original design in textures.xbt and switch them back and forth from the UI
but then u need to have 2 complete sets of textures and not just change one or two images. just thought this idea would be helpfull for those who wanna change something. i don't use texture.xbt since i get skin from git and can change what i want to change.
huh? no. a theme only replaces the files you put in there, the rest is read from the main textures file.
Indeed what spiff said any missing from the themes xbt fall back to the main textures.xbt
ohh sweet. i don't know anything of texture.xbt Big Grin then how do you make a theme.xbt? any guides?
same way you make the textures one with texturepacker cept with a different output name then you put it in the skins media folder and your done

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
texture.xbt vs folder priority0