testing dharma on my box, question
I have a full ubuntu 9.10 with xbmc 9.11 on it. Its running great and I have it all set up with my system etc.. No issues for HD playback etc.

I want to try out the new dharma 2 that just came out to see the improvements over the last one.

How can i install two xbmc's on my box or should I try the usb live install first to see if it work?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Personally, I'd make a Dharma thumbdrive and test it out that way. You can always upgrade if you want. This way, you don't have to change a stable system, and you can play around in a sandboxed install.
Or you could create a 2nd partition (shrink original if no free space on disk), install Dharma/Lucid onto that and grub should pick them both up for the boot menu.
kurai Wrote:Or you could create a 2nd partition (shrink original if no free space on disk), install Dharma/Lucid onto that and grub should pick them both up for the boot menu.

how could I make ubuntu pick a default kernel to log into automatically to 9.11 and just have the other to play around untell it gets more stable?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
In your grub configuration file each kernel/OS/partition entry in the boot menu is given a number.
First = 0, second =1, etc .

Just stick the desired default entry number in the `default=` line.

(Remember to run update-grub after saving the config file, so the change is written to the bootloader)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
testing dharma on my box, question0