• 9(current)
[REQUEST] RSS Reader Script Addon for Dharma?
Hi guys, Iam pretty new in this solution ,so maybe I doing something wrong.
I have apple tv 2, jailbreaked with seasonsPass and added xbmc from latest build from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/.
I have rss editor working with rolling line, but need to read rss more quickly and other way. So I donwloaded script.rssclient.zip from http://wojtek.piechowiak.eu/mich/rss/ to /private/var/mobile/Media and tried to install it from system, addon, install from zip. But it finished with error, that dependencies are not met. Iam translating it from other language, so message can be different.
What am I doing wrong?
I installed other client from pieh, have last build xbmc, rss client standalone, rssengine and this error:

17:46:01 T:128233472 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:46:03 T:128233472 ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.rssengine/lib/rss.py:5: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
CWD = os.getcwd()
17:46:03 T:128233472 ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.rssclient-standalone/default.py:45: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
CWD = os.getcwd()
17:46:03 T:128233472 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
17:46:03 T:128233472 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'
17:46:03 T:128233472 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.rssclient-standalone/default.py", line 848, in <module>
feedslist = RSSFeedsListLoader()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.rssengine/lib/rss.py", line 503, in __init__
self.parseFile()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.rssengine/lib/rss.py", line 522, in parseFile
sets = self.listXML.getElementsByTagName('set')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

any ideas?
os.getcwd() can be fixed as pieh wrote but other errors still there and client cant run
Hello ! I have been trying my best to get this RSS working but am really stuck ,
I have installed 1- rss client background 1.0.6 via passion 2=rss client standalone 1.0.5 via passion, rss engine . Have used rss editor and have a working feed. here are the problems :
1- Rss Client opens up and displays feeds but cannot exit out of it , have to shut down xbmc.
2- how to get the RSS widgets ? unable to customise . I have tried in Aeon Nox GIT, Glass SVN, GlassNox ,unable to
3- pieh / fmronan Anyone who has got this working a step by step would be really appreciated PLEASE !
(2011-04-04, 23:04)fmronan Wrote: thanks very much I can stream radio now

script rssclient is in the last rev 144 of influence

fmronan could you please do us non tech guys a favour and do a step by step tutorial in how to get this working in glass / any skin , would really appreciate the effort.
thanks Tongue
I got a simple news feed and works perfect in Eden. There isnt a way to make it so you can click onto the links and view the page with firefox and return back into xbmc is there?
Any chance of getting this script updated to work with Frodo?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] RSS Reader Script Addon for Dharma?1