XBMC Freezing on exit?
I should add this happens on a completely fresh os install with dharma beta 2. I also tried a range of nvidia drivers so I doubt that is the issue.
Voyager-xbmc Wrote:My setting is currently to true full screen. Similarly, I think that ION and 9400GT are almost the same GPU. So there seems to be quite a lot related.

I will try with a fullscreen window too.

Have you gotten a chance to try this out? I have had no more long hangs on exit after switching to a fullscreen window.
mitul103 Wrote:Have you gotten a chance to try this out? I have had no more long hangs on exit after switching to a fullscreen window.

it's way too early to tell - but indeed no hangs either since I switched to fullscreen window...
I just started having this problem with Beta 3. I originally thought it was only happening when hitting <End> to exit but now it happens when using exit menu.

I'm running an ATI 5750 latest 10.9a

If I go in and just exit XBMC it seems fine, but after I watch a few TV shows or whatever and then exit it will hang with a black screen for minutes. Sometime I get tired and force a shutdown to deal with it.
could you try deactivating Aero (in the xbmc.exe shortcut, select "Disable Desktop composition") in combination with "true full screen", this seems to be doing the trick for me lately.
Just happened to me too, today was the first time i encountered this problem
and that was after changing to true full-screen from the default full-screen windowed for the first time.
gav1577 Wrote:Just happened to me too, today was the first time i encountered this problem
and that was after changing to true full-screen from the default full-screen windowed for the first time.

Yeah it seems that disabling Aero or using full screen window will both solve the problem. Hopefully more people come forward with this issue because I do think that more people are affected than are posting about it.
I get this problem occasionally and found it to be caused by my internet connection going down. if my internet connection drops and then i try to close XBMC, it just hangs, like its trying to use the web for something before it closes but doesn't get a response so it keeps trying.

when my internet connection is up and running, XBMC closes fine every time.

Win7 64Bit on monitor 2 with full screen option selected. Nvidia 9600GT 6GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Quad
@rudeboy - I suggest you get yourself a better internet provider... JK
You have a problem that is of course very plausible, but in order not to cause confusion, I would suggest to open a separate discussion thread as it significantly deviates from the root cause we are approaching in this thread.
Voyager-xbmc Wrote:could you try deactivating Aero (in the xbmc.exe shortcut, select "Disable Desktop composition") in combination with "true full screen", this seems to be doing the trick for me lately.

Disable Desktop Composition solved the issue for me as well.
Disabling Aero doesn't fix for me. However, if i delete my advancedsettings.xml everything works fine (with Aero). my advancedsettings.xml has only one line enabling dds fanart. Anyone else with this issue using dds?
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
parrydave Wrote:Disabling Aero doesn't fix for me. However, if i delete my advancedsettings.xml everything works fine (with Aero). my advancedsettings.xml has only one line enabling dds fanart. Anyone else with this issue using dds?

Nope, definitely not using dds. Sounds like you might be experiencing another problem.
parrydave Wrote:Disabling Aero doesn't fix for me. However, if i delete my advancedsettings.xml everything works fine (with Aero). my advancedsettings.xml has only one line enabling dds fanart. Anyone else with this issue using dds?

That's probably because you have some dds encoding job in background. XBMC waits for the jobs to be complete before exiting.
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
I posted this q a week ago, got 0 replies...glad to see someone was able to get a thread going ppl actually respond to. Anyways, somehow my issue is fixed. I'm on ion 2 hdmi,revo 3700 i recently updated my drivers and it doesn't do it anymore.. I also changed some power settings as this (stated in my original post) only happened when i tried to exit after the pc was left unattended for a long time. I could go in and out all day, but if i left it running overnight or at work..that's when it happened.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Freezing on exit?0