Missing TV Episode Titles
Hi all, I have a question I hoping someone can help me out with. I have searched the forums for this information but unfortunately I had no luck. This maybe down to me being a bit useless and if so please excuse me.

The problem I'm having is with the tv show scraper. Everything works fine, as in all my tv shows are detected and imported into the library. The problem is some episodes are missing the actual episode name (title) when I drill into the series.
The ones that are missing simply have a number for each episode, say 01-13. everything plays fine.

My files are setup in a very standard fashion - tv_shows/Show_Name/Season X/showname.sxx.exx format.I have some episodes that also have the episode name on the end.

it seems to be random which shows have the episode titles and which don't

Example, MadMen is listed as MadMen.s01.e01 and this show has episode titles. Breaking Bad is listed as Breaking.bad.s01.e01 and is show no episode name.

I then went and used the TVrename tool and renamed Breaking Bad Season 1 to include the episode name at the end of the file breaking.bad - s01.e01 - Plot as I thought this would help. I re-scanned the library and the shows are still there with no episode name. Sad

Have I missed something here? any help or direction would be great!

P.S. the reason I used Braking bad as an example is I know the episode information is available at tvdb.
did you clean your library after making changes ?

also s01e01 is my file naming scheme , you might have to add extra stuff to your advanced settings file in order for your file naming scheme to work

-=jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:did you clean your library after making changes ?

also s01e01 is my file naming scheme , you might have to add extra stuff to your advanced settings file in order for your file naming scheme to work

-=jason=-

Hi Jason, no I didn't clean the library. I did remove the shows (Breaking Bad) from the library before rescanning. I thought this would be enough.
I've tried cleaning the library and rerunning with no change. I also exported my library and deleted the current scrapers and ran the update again. I still had the same issue of missing episode titles.

Hoping someone else may have an idea?

Thanks.
Difficult to say without a debug log - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
I'm noticing the same thing. If you do a manual refresh of the TV show information it will pick up the episode information, but it does not on the initial add to the library.

I just started noticing this using the transparency skin and Dharma 3. I don't remember noticing it on Dharma 2 or with Dharma 3/Standard skin, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

I will try to do a few more permutations tonight and get a debug log.
What constitutes a valid episodeguide tag? I have the following for Home Improvement, and it does retrieve the names for the library. The debug log does not report that it is invalid though.

<episodeguide>
<url cache="77537.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/77537/all/en.zip</url>
</episodeguide>
btee Wrote:Hi Jason, no I didn't clean the library. I did remove the shows (Breaking Bad) from the library before rescanning. I thought this would be enough.

Hi there. Sounds like we have the same problem. I did a complete reinstall of dharma 3 yesterday. After this i noticed the same problem on some of my shows. I will lookinto this more when i get home. Strange problem inded
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
btee Wrote:I've tried cleaning the library and rerunning with no change. I also exported my library and deleted the current scrapers and ran the update again. I still had the same issue of missing episode titles.

Hoping someone else may have an idea?

Thanks.

Hi again... I dont know if this will apply but it did for me. Check if you have any *.nfo files in the root of the show. I had sickbear dl nfo's and pic's for my shows one time. This was after i already had them in the library an so it was not delete or refreshed. Now when i did a complete reinstall the .nfo was in all my series folders. This caused alot of my show's not beeing picked upp by the scraping.

Check if any in this link might apply to you http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing TV Episode Titles0