Volume indicator on screen
Having the volume indicator on screen when it is changed it would be very useful.
I think it is not difficult to implement, perhaps as an option you can enable or disable the settings.

Thanks for the wonderful work you have done so far!

Ector73
Big Grin
huh? always been there. skin dependent though but i've never seen one without it.
I was referring to the volume of windows because my remote controls the volume of windows and not xbmc...
Just go to services.msc and disable "HID service". Then you can remap remote with eventghost to XBMC without annoying windows hotkeys.

But yeah, i agree XBMC should monitor windows volume since most MCE remotes are changing it by default.
That would be totally sweet because I have tried eventghost and couldn't quite figure it out and using LM remote fixed everything i needed anyways,,, would be nice if the remote control features worked a bit better in XBMC such as a menu or addon that lets u select what the "green button" does or where volume is controlled,,

it is a friggin pain in the arse to fix the green button,, i can't remember what i did with my computer and I am still trying to fix it on my inlaws,, and i try to follow all the instructions to the letter and its still stuck

**UPDATE**
got the green button fixed, i changed remote type in LM,, even though i had the one selected that looked exactly like what I had, , i needed to select the MCE remote, now it works like a charm
May be this is an old thread, but I really need the volume indicator of windows to be shown on my xbmc, I tried lots of skins, but I could not find any one that shows the indicators. How can I let xbmc display volume indicator? is there any plugin or so.?
I tried with my Rii mini keyboard and also with an MCE remote.
Why doesn't XBMC have volume slider in its OSD? Every media player I know has one. Not having it makes it impossible to control the volume through a touch screen if you don't have a keyboard.

I think it deserves a place in the standard skin!
(2012-03-12, 14:09)plagerwerf Wrote: Why doesn't XBMC have volume slider in its OSD? Every media player I know has one. Not having it makes it impossible to control the volume through a touch screen if you don't have a keyboard.

I think it deserves a place in the standard skin!

XeeBo has a global volume control -

Maybe i'm OT, but maybe not so much. I have just downloaded 3rvx, that give to windows an OSD with volume indicator (very similar to the one on MacOSX). I thinked to bypass the xbmc aeon nox, that for doesn't display any volume osd, but on xbmc even 3rvx doesn't appear. I set 3rvx always on screen even with fullscreen applications but, in some way, xbmc disable it. Can someone help me?Nod

Edit: with 3rvx you can do thet. Now it work, you have only to set in system option to have a fullscreen window instead a real fullscreen.
Man, this is a really old thread,

It's best to use XBMC's built in volume control which will allow the OSD,, if your remote is changing the windows volume, it is actually doing the change globally to your PC,, if you have your remote send + and - it will only change XBMC volume and works quite well.... only doesn't work if PC is doing passthrough audio, then it has to be done at the device level (tv/stereo)

BTW, using the built in MCE Remote addon inside XBMC is even better than LM remote as it won't crash as often and in windows 7 I have XBMC pinned to the taskbar as the 3rd one away from the start button, I have MCE change the windows key to equal 'win-3' where the 3 is how far away from the start button xbmc is.... it makes it easy to refocus back to XBMC, just hit the green button.
(2012-03-12, 14:24)Hitcher Wrote: XeeBo has a global volume control

No, it does not. It has a volume display (just like about every skin). I am looking for an easy accessible control that allows you to control the volume from the OSD
If you look at the screen shot you'll see the mouse arrow.

Move the mouse to the top right of any window and the volume slider will appear allowing you to adjust the volume anywhere.
Ah! I'll give it a try
*bump*

I also need the OSD volume indicator when controlling the Windows volume.

Still no option/hack to do this?
iirc there is a advanced setting to tell XBMC to listen/react on media keys. think this should do the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume indicator on screen0