Pushed Add-ons updates?
Notifying that updates are available is fine but maybe it would be better if they could be pushed and updated automatically in background.

Makes sense?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

There is an option called AutoUpdate which does exactly that. You will then get notified when an Addon has been updated.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:There is an option called AutoUpdate which does exactly that. You will then get notified when an Addon has been updated.

Thanks, didn't know that. Nevertheless, I can't find it? Eek
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

lhs menu in the browser.
spiff Wrote:lhs menu in the browser.

Thanks.

Hmm.. Don't want to bitch but wouldn't it be useful for troubleshooting to make sure every user have the latest version of add-on? If so, option to turn autoupdates off could go to advanced settings.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

no. who are we to force any updates on anyone.
Can you add option to enable auto update for all addons? So i don't need to go around every addon and enable auto update.
Uhm, did you read the thread ? The solution is in there ...

But I do agree, that it is hidden and not very noticeable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I had never noticed that. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread.

Thanks.
It took me a while to figure out how to set it to auto update as well.. Any chance we can move to somewhere so people can see it .. ie perhaps actual plugin install dialog ( the dialog that has install,uninstall,change log,etc )
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
spiff Wrote:no. who are we to force any updates on anyone.

Well, another way of looking at it is that you're (sexually:-) harassing majority of users as they are *forced* to turn it on (I'm not kidding).

I'm merely suggesting flipping default to on. I'm not going in moral discussion explaining that as soon as I download Add-on I'm stating that I'm interested in add-on and future updates so that it doesn't get broken.

Finally it can stay where it is, so those not willing to update can turn it off (when they find it:-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Clumsy Wrote:Uhm, did you read the thread ? The solution is in there ...

But I do agree, that it is hidden and not very noticeable.

At first glance, it seemed that you have to enable auto update for each addon separately. Bot now i can see that it's enabled globaly.

Also, why is that option not activated by default? Is there anything bad in having up to date addons? And you are not forcing anything since you can turn off it easily.
yeah, it's obviously gonna be dead easy for all you guys to disable it, you did such a great job of looking around for the option to enable it... ;P i'm not wasting time on this discussion, i enabled it by default and was slammed for that earlier.

it's consistent ui behaviour. see e.g. how you enable the login screen for profiles.
Add-ons do not come directly from the XBMC team, if I'm not mistaken. Adding auto update on by default could create more problems than it could solve.

I would seriously dislike auto updates to be on by default. Same as Windows Update, for instance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pushed Add-ons updates?0