Connections problem. “Socket Timeout”
Hi.
I can’t get Android remote to work. I have a HTS legend with Android 2.2. The computer is a windows7 with XBMC 9.11 and Dharma beta2. I have tested it on both whit the same problem.. All I get is a error message “ Socket Timeout. Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled and XBMC is running.” I don’t know what to do, it seems like a amassing app. Wifi is enabled and connected on phone. What should I do?

My Settings
XBMC
Allow control of XBMC via UPnP – Enable
Allow control of XBMC via http – Enable
Port – 80
USername – xbmn
Password – blank
Allow programs on this system to control xbmc – Enable.
Allow programs on other system to control xbmc – Enable.

XBMC remote settings
Name of this instance – xbmc
Host or ipadress – 192.168.1.69
HTTP APT port – 80
Username - xbmc
Password – blank
Eventserver port – 9777
Wifi only – disable
Acesspoint – blank
Mac address (automatic from xbmc.)
Socket read timeout in ms – 5000
Whait after WOL in sec – 40
WOL port - 9
I guess the "xbmn" for the username in the xbmc settings is just a typo error here.
Are you sure you don't have any server application running on the port 80?
Sometimes the root of the problem is the firewall. If you have it running try to disable it temporary.
Also you can try the connection by entering the "http://192.168.1.69:80/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetSystemInfo(120)" into the browser on your android device.
Hi
Yes that was s spelling mistake.
The problem seems to be my Windows Firewall. I then changed the settings to allow XBMC and then it all ran smoother. Big Grin
Thanks!
Hi, I've tried the URL on my vista pc and it connects. I then tried it on my htc desire hd and it wont connect to it.

My set up is as follows.

A sky branded netgear adsl router connected to a bthome hub via ethernet. The homehub broadcasts the wireless signal which my android phone and pc connect to. My pc is connected via Ethernet to a linksys router which is working as a wireless bridge.

Its a strange setup but its worked fine up until this issue with the remote. I just get server time out.

Can anyone help?
I'm also getting the socket timeout error, but with me the remote works great except that the error pops up every 5-10 seconds. I just press 'ok' and it continues working.

Firewall possibly?

Edit: fixed! Just needed to change ports. Something else was using 8080. Changed to 9090 and all is well. Amazing!
Been using remiote for months now with no problem and tonight stated getting socket errors. It would work, but barely. I installed crashplan and idrive backup apps today. Are there known issues with these? I uninstalled them and now it seems to work. Anyway to get them to coexist?
maw230 Wrote:I'm also getting the socket timeout error, but with me the remote works great except that the error pops up every 5-10 seconds. I just press 'ok' and it continues working.

Firewall possibly?

Edit: fixed! Just needed to change ports. Something else was using 8080. Changed to 9090 and all is well. Amazing!

Any news on how to fix this problem. I can control my XBMC from my tablet but every 10 seconds or so i get the dreaded socket timeout error message. I have tried changing my ports from 80 to 9090 still no change. i just dont get while i can control my XMBC i still get this error message - although i do not see any art work on my tablet i just use the remote control function. Help?
Just increase the socket read timeout.

I set it to 9000 and now it works perfectly.

DUH!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connections problem. “Socket Timeout”0