Can you hide a part of a label (field) in the GUI?
I'm wanting to organise various "Genre" fields in my nfo files so I can setup some Movie filters (until the new video library is created)

Unfortunately, a long list of Genre's shown in the GUI isn't very appealing (I don't mean the Genre node either - I mean the Movie node where the "Genre Tag" is displayed).

For eg - Action / Adventure / Zombies / Horror / Romance / Thriller / Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Crime / Mystery etc will show when you pull up the Movie info - most times being off-screen because of limited space. And...we don't really want to read (see) all those anyway.

Can you hide (make invisible) a part of this label?

For example - I have a "DVD" aspect and a "REC" aspect in Genre to provide separate nodes for DVD's and Recordings. When I pull up the Movie info, I see "DVD" or "REC" in the Genre Field. I'd like to be able to hide this part if possible?? I know of conditional visibility, but not sure this relates?

Yes - I'm looking at Smartplaylists (Getting something to differentiate between the two with smartplaylists is the issue - without renaming all 15000 files on my NAS)

And Profiles is something I'm looking at as well.

Thx for any input.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Yea I have a big collection so I use the genre node alot. I always hated how it returned 5-8 genre's like
Quote:Action / Adventure / Zombies / Horror / Romance / Thriller / Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Crime / Mystery

I used Ember to reduce it down to one genre for each Movie. Took about 2-3 weeks slowly changing them but now their perfect for me...

Depends how much you want to tweak the skin your using but
Quote:<visible>![substring(ListItem.Genre,DVD) | substring(ListItem.Genre,REC)]</visible>
would hide the genre field if it hits that genre DVD or REC...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:I used Ember to reduce it down to one genre for each Movie. Took about 2-3 weeks slowly changing them but now their perfect for me....

I've been working on mine for months - all the nfo's are getting an edit - what a massive job, but once it's done it'll be good forever Big Grin

Thx for the help with the Hide code. I'll give it a try.

Us media freaks aren't happy unless we're tweaking something Laugh Helps me learn about the skin as well. Thx again.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Don't forget that you can set the number of genres used with EMM.
Hitcher Wrote:Don't forget that you can set the number of genres used with EMM.

Thx Hitcher for the input. I use MC - does the same thing I guess. I do limit the number of Genres available, but it would be nice if you could tag your movies and have that info for searching / filtering, but NOT have it show up in the GUI.

What got me going was seeing some Genre Icons in one of the threads. They looked nice - had things like Zombie and Vampire etc, but I don't want these to show in the GUI using the Genre field, but I want them to be a node in the Genre Window.

Ultimately, all this will change when JM gets the new (fully customisable) library off the ground - but until then...
I need some more help.

Here is the control I'm tweaking
<control type="label">
<description>Genre Info</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>48</posy>
<width>970</width>
<height>18</height>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<align>left</align>
<font>Font_ListDetail</font>
<label>[color=*]$LOCALIZE[515]:[/color] [color=*]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Genre][/color]</label>
</control>

I'm trying to set the visible condition
<visible>![substring(VideoPlayer.Genre,DVD) | substring(VideoPlayer.Genre,REC)]</visible>

But this didn't work. All it does is make the entire line invisible. I've tried all sorts of other options without success. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

PS (I put the * in the colour control) so it would show in the post.
you're not doing anything wrong...it's just not possible to hide a part of a label.
using visible conditions, you either show the entire label or hide it completely.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:you're not doing anything wrong...it's just not possible to hide a part of a label.
using visible conditions, you either show the entire label or hide it completely.

OH....now that I read the above post again, I've caught on to that fact. Thx for pointing it out to me. Saved me further hours of playing. Much appreciated.

Would be nice if being able to hide part of a label was a possibility.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you hide a part of a label (field) in the GUI?0