"starting up the partitioner" XMBC live 10.0b2 error
I tried to install XBMC live 10.00b2 to asrock ion 330 HT, but install hangs on message "starting up the partitioner", at 47%. There is XBMC 9.11 installed on computer.
Is there a solution for this problem?
Im having almost the same issue but with slightly different params.

* I have an AsRock ION 330 HT
* Trying to install XBMC Live 10.0 (using USB), right now its XBMC 9.11 on the computer
* Installation hangs on "starting up the partitioner", at 43%. I've had it going for more then one hour...

Anyone has some advice or maybe a complete solution?

/Jonssonen
it should not be related to the old 9.11 installation. Try with a cd instead in case there is a problem with the usb. 10.0 live installs fine on 330HT with or without pre-existing installation.
jonssonen Wrote:Im having almost the same issue but with slightly different params.

* I have an AsRock ION 330 HT
* Trying to install XBMC Live 10.0 (using USB), right now its XBMC 9.11 on the computer
* Installation hangs on "starting up the partitioner", at 43%. I've had it going for more then one hour...

Anyone has some advice or maybe a complete solution?

/Jonssonen

It's because the partitioner is very fussy about the logical sector size on the USB stick - it expects 512byte sectors.

Try pulling out the USB stick just before it starts the partitioner, it should continue.
Ty for the answers.

I changed to another USB stick and it worked like a charm. Big Grin
I'm having this same problem.. sort of. I'm going from XBMC Live bootable CD and want to install onto a Kingston 4GB USB drive. It hangs at 43 percent. To make it more fun, I can't seem to format the damn drive to FAT32 with 512 byte sectors. I'm getting a Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 and want to run XBMC from a USB install and no HDD. Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me get this going?
Fixed my own problem. Partitioned the drive using EASEUS Partition Master and formatted with 512 byte sectors. Then I was able to install XBMC to the thumb drive. Booted into it with my laptop and it looks gorgeous!! Can't wait for my Zotac to come so I can get it up and running.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"starting up the partitioner" XMBC live 10.0b2 error0