If you wonder where your "Add source" option went... Read this!
Exclamation 
Guys,
I am fairly new to XBMC.
Well, actually, yes and no... I used to have it on my Xbox Gen 1 many many years ago and did the switch to Windows media center when HD content came.

Nevertheless, I have now ditched W7MCE for this much richer and customizable XBMC new beta version and I love it. Well done developers! Nod

I wanted to give to tell all XBCM beginner a tip who will probably save you hours if you face the same situation as me...

After installing the new version of XBMC and changing to a different skin, I was systematically loosing view of the folder access I had created + the Add source option... It was replaced by a Movies and TV folder...

At first I thought it was a bug as I experienced this in beta 1 and 2 as after checking my settings I could see the hide the "Add source" option was not enabled.

Then, the Epiphany!!!

When you open the left context menu where you can select the way your collection will be displayed (List, icons...), there is an option called "Library mode". If this is ticked, it will hide the folder you have created and replace it by the TV or Movies options...

There you go!
It took me 5 days and 32 re-install of XBMC to figure it out Rolleyes
Best!
BooToo
BooToo
"What does not kill me makes me stronger"

Shuttle XH61V | Celeron G530 | 2Gb DDR3 | OCZ NOC-MSATA 120Gb | Harmony One | XBMCbuntu 11.0
SYNOLOGY DS1812 | 6 x 2Tb WD20EARS in RAID 6

If you appreciated my help or one of my guides, feel free to buy me a drink via PAYPAL
32??

Why not ask on the forums?

hudo
I did a lot of searchs on the Forum but didn't find this simple answer anywhere :mad:
And I also like to find things Smile
BooToo
"What does not kill me makes me stronger"

Shuttle XH61V | Celeron G530 | 2Gb DDR3 | OCZ NOC-MSATA 120Gb | Harmony One | XBMCbuntu 11.0
SYNOLOGY DS1812 | 6 x 2Tb WD20EARS in RAID 6

If you appreciated my help or one of my guides, feel free to buy me a drink via PAYPAL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If you wonder where your "Add source" option went... Read this!0